Caribou Gear

A thing of beauty!

devon deer

Not my friend but his new rifle!
My friend @Big Ears collected his new Kipplauf today, a Blaser K95 in 7x57R and its a cracker, we did a quick zero and went deer hunting, sadly no deer seen but I'm sure it will be christened soon.
So now it's convinced me I need one, they are so light, I need to sell my Blaser R8 in 30-06 first but once I have I will be placing an order.
Sorry about the grey tape on the end of the barrel, it's all we had to hand.
IMG_20200115_161222820_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a beautiful rifle, far too pretty for me to own. It wouldn’t be that pretty very long! If it kills as pretty as it looks......it will be deadly! :) memtb

She sure is a beauty. Any idea of its weight with scope? I would be afraid to take it out for anything other than sitting in a high seat.

Yes. Thought long and hard about this but our hunting is more woodland and close, not like the 3-400yard shots I had to deal with in Montana.
it will just make me 100% sure before I pull that trigger
That's why I like hunting with my muzzle loader. Make it count or kiss it goodbye!

The carbon model interests me as a western backpack rifle.
Have you had anymore thoughts on the carbon?
If things go according to plan and I complete jumping through the legal hoops to get another calibre added to my licence, I might have a pretty rifle similar to @Big Ears rifle shown above in the next couple of months.
Cheers
Richard

Beautiful walnut! One shot is all you need for sure. All animals killed on this board are DRT ;).

Have you had anymore thoughts on the carbon?
If things go according to plan and I complete jumping through the legal hoops to get another calibre added to my licence, I might have a pretty rifle similar to @Big Ears rifle shown above in the next couple of months.
Cheers
Richard
Good luck with the rifle!

Do you want to hear a joke? I’ve decided to buy a boat for the Columbia River and near shore ocean fishing. I’m saving money for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back