A sweet deal

gouch

Do to work, family commitments and other reasons my son in law sold his bow and quit bow hunting a few years back. Now last winter he asked me about recurve bows because he was wanting to get back to bow hunting. We talked and I told him he was welcome to come over and shoot mine any time he wanted to see how he liked it. He never did but at least he was interested in getting back into archery. Now yesterday at one of the BBQs I had to attend this weekend we got to talking and he told me he bought a bow at a yard sale.

He said he got to the yard sale and saw a PSE compound complete with sights, drop away rest and a release. He looked it over and couldn’t find anything wrong with it so he asked the price. The lady said she thinks $50 but it’s her husbands and he wasn’t there so she would text him. He thought it was to good to be true so he and my daughter looked around the sale for a while. They picked up a couple of small items and took them to the lady to pay. She said her husband wasn’t answering her text so she would go ahead and sell him the bow for $10.

I don’t know what the relationship status is of that woman is right now, but my SOL sure got a sweet deal.

After my Dad pasted last year, my Mom was damned Hell bent on "I'm a'gonna clean out that ol' shed". Been saying it for years.

She called me 3 times in 4 days and asked me the the same question. " What do you want out of that shed" ?

"The fishing equipment Mom" I said it 3 times in 4 days.

I went by the next week. GONE !!! All of it !!!!

There was easily $1000-$1200 in rods, reels, and especially tackle boxes.

$60 :mad:

After my Dad pasted last year, my Mom was damned Hell bent on "I'm a'gonna clean out that ol' shed". Been saying it for years.

She called me 3 times in 4 days and asked me the the same question. " What do you want out of that shed" ?

Punishment for all the things you did as a child...lol

Honestly, I've picked up some pretty sweet deals at garage sales over the years. Usually, circumstances just like those mentioned above. Someone just wants to be rid of stuff.

Good on your SIL.

I had to clean out a storage space after my dad passed, I'm gonna have to back your mom's play... that was pretty much the most emotionally taxing thing I've ever done. I probably got rid of some stuff others wanted, but I didn't have the capacity at that point to take my time with the process. I felt like if I didn't just press through the project in one go I wasn't going to have to the momentum to get it done.

Does suck about the fishing stuff though...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back