A Strong Product Endoresement

Steiny

So like a dumb azz I somehow bent the ingnition key to my Ford pickup while at the cabin 160 miles from home. Tried to straighten it out and snapped it off. Sunday AM, in rural Indiana and you aint gonna get a car key made anywhere, plus these new keys have special "chips" in them and you have to get them from a dealer (so I am told), which are all closed too.

Was thinking somebody from home was gonna have to make a road trip, or I was going to spend another night and deal with the Ford dealer 50 miles away, lose a day at work, etc.

Carefully hammered the two parts straight and stuck them together with Krazy Glue. I thought no way in hell that would work, and I'd probably have half a key busted off in the ignition, but I was out of options.
Stuck it in the ignition very gingerly and she fired right up, carefully removed it at home and it stayed in one piece.

So I'm a firm believer in Krazy glue now, and gonna get two new keys, one of which will be taped to the frame somewhere.

wow, you are lucky you didn't end up with half a key in your hand. :D

Ok now that we know you made it home ok lets hear the story on how you bent your key in the first place.

Man it is amazing what glue, bailing wire, duct tape and a bit of thought will do in a bind.
Had an old 1968 F-100 and the distributer shaft was so out of time that I had to keep a 1/2 end wronch to set the timing for time to time before I could afford to get it fixed. was coon hunting one night and the problem happeded. In the process, I cracked the distributer cap and was SOL.
Wrapped that puppy up with electric tape, and although it spat and sputtered, made it to a 24 hour Parts Zone store and did the trick. Also picked up a new distributer shaft. Problem solved. Just had to go back and try to find hounds so I could go to work.
Crazy glue and a key.... I will buy that..

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back