NEW SITKA Ambient 75

A simple question

It would be easier to put a lock on it than to screw around trying to flip it 180 degrees.

JB, Unlike you I do have an understanding of electricity and wiring.
your probably right, i only did the 4 year apprenticeship program and several code classes ...you probably did the 5 yr class. :rolleyes:

Ya once I had 220 jump before I flipped the switch, Kinda burned!!!! Ya what ever it burned the crap out of me..

in my short time(12 yrs) of doing electric work i have never seen 220 volts "jump".
13000 volts will "jump" but not 220.
All that has to be done is to turn the pannel 180 bringing it inside the garage.
not quite slim!
when you move the pnl....
does it require a fourth conductor feeding the pnl?
now that its not within sight, should it have a main breaker or not? does it matter?
do you know if you should bond the neutral bar if you relocate the pnl? or remove a bonding screw?
do you even know what bonding is?
what about the grounding?do you need a seperate ground bar?
would it be considered a sub-panel or a main service?

if you know the answers to these questions, go ahead and move the panel because you are qualified to do it.

my guess:
trust me on this, you know enough about electric to burn your friends house down and end up in court.....put a lock on the pnl or hire someone to do it correctly. :)

before you cut, be sure to get a good supply of popcorn popped and beverages cooled. That way the dear girlfriend can watch you fry yourself. Maybe have a tripod mounted video camera going....

Back