A pretty good day.

Dakota79

Before we get started a couple of thanks to know.

I am paralyzed from the neck down and on a ventilator. I have a platform that fits under the cushion of my wheelchair that holds a shooting rig for my rifle. There is a joystick on the shooting rig to move my rifle up and down and left and right. When I'm on target I suck on a straw that activates a solenoid to pull the trigger.

This is not for praise of any kind but just another hunting story.

Yes I shoot out of my van and yes I have a license to do so.

Today was the last day of the South Dakota rifle antelope season and the first day I was really able to give it a good go. We had just received several inches of moisture with quite a bit of snow preventing me from getting to a large portion of the ranch.

My brother had spotted a lone doe on a sagebrush flat that he thought I should check out. She was not only in a place I can get to but she was kind of suspicious being all alone. If she was hurt it would be nice to put her down and if she was alone there would be less eyes to see me and spook.

As luck would have it mom was able to get us within 160 yards and we set up. After sitting there for several minutes she finally stood up but only gave me a straight away shot. Finally she turned left and gave me a perfect opportunity. Dad helped me get lined up and the 130 grain federal fusion out of my .270 put her right down.

My brother and his friend showed up shortly after and we had her taken care of with pictures taken in no time flat. Just as we were finishing up a herd with several bucks in the distance showed themselves.

Back in the van to make a game plan we went. They were just wondering in a general direction so we went to cut them off. It doesn't usually work like this but it turned out perfect. We got ahead of them and as they came by at 210 yards this nice buck made the mistake of stopping. Once again a well placed high shoulder shot put him down pronto. He was taken care of and pictures were taken then off to my buddy who will process them and we swung by the taxidermist for future memories.

All in all it could not have worked out much better.

Attachments

• family and Randy 2021 rifle antelope buck.jpg
    family and Randy 2021 rifle antelope buck.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Randy 2021 rifle antelope buck.jpg
    Randy 2021 rifle antelope buck.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Randy 2021 rifle antelope doe.jpg
    Randy 2021 rifle antelope doe.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 105
Looks like a nice buck, and to pull off a double! Congratulations! Looks like a fantastic day.
I'm not sure why the pictures are not showing up the best.

Really good mass even above the problem. A little short on length and prong to be a monster but somewhere in the mid-70s. A solid representation.

Not too often does a couple opportunities like that get strung together so quickly! Congrats on a fantastic end to the season.

I'm not sure why the pictures are not showing up the best.

Really good mass even above the problem. A little short on length and prong to be a monster but somewhere in the mid-70s. A solid representation.
It seems like your photos were inserted as thumbnails instead of full images. If you click on the photo at the bottom of your draft, it should give you the option to insert thumbnail or full image. Maybe?

But he still looks like a nice buck 😁 I would be pretty tickled to have him.

Congratulations,you gotta take the easy ones when you can. It’s not that often you can double down like that! Good job and that’s a beautiful buck.

It seems like your photos were inserted as thumbnails instead of full images. If you click on the photo at the bottom of your draft, it should give you the option to insert thumbnail or full image. Maybe?

But he still looks like a nice buck 😁 I would be pretty tickled to have him.
I think you're right but I can't seem to figure out how to change it. I'll keep messing around with it. These pictures I posted are not very good at all.

I think you're right but I can't seem to figure out how to change it. I'll keep messing around with it. These pictures I posted are not very good at all.
You’ve probably already tried this one, but perhaps the insert photo button up top might post better? The only possible solution I can think of.

58626552-4A44-4743-B4AA-F23E4768A6BA.jpeg

But pics have been giving a lot of people problems lately on the forum too for some reason.

Back