A New Beginning for our Forests..CEI.org

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
The Forest Guardians have admitted that while some forest thinning is appropriate, timber companies must not be permitted to benefit. Liberal environmentalists and many in Congress seem more concerned about the possibility of someone making a profit than in restoring forest health. They worry that timber companies will be allowed to harvest some marketable trees to pay for removing the unmarketable brush, tiny-diameter trees, and decayed and beetle-riddled trees.

But if we can't expect private companies, loggers or unionized workers to do it for free, who will? It will be a staggeringly long, expensive effort to reduce the hazardous biomass accumulations. And the Forest Guardians and allied Green groups have not volunteered to undertake an altruistic campaign.

cei.org/gencon/019,03773.cfm

Good article, I imagine most of you guys will find fault with this.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is as these hippicrites always are, never really do any thing about it, just spout and pout....
There are a few on this board that live the same li(f)e. Until they start standing up for their convictions and doing what it takes to put their feet back into reality, then their words are empty and meaningless...
Great post!!!!
biggrin.gif

Why, the answer to that question is easy. They should do it, not the timber companies. You know, They...the same ones who are supposed to pay for the deer birth control operations, and bear relocation programs, and all the other socially acceptable, high-dollar programs that people like to propose. They will take care of everything!
tongue.gif

Making money in America is evil! This should never be allowed to happen in this country.

Paul

I just knew the threads wood change after my name change proposal was posted!
Bout time.
WD

06_26_02ForestProtectors.sized.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-15-2003 15:08: Message edited by: Wally Dog ]</font>

One hundred years of fire suppression, supported by the public, and still supported by the public, doesnt have anything to do with the current condition of the forests?
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Its them damn enviro's of the last ten years, they've been dumping fuel into the forests by the truckload.
eek.gif

What a lame assed comic strip, its really telling it like it isnt.

Want to blame someone for the current conditions of the forests?...look in the mirror. The public and smoky bear received exactly what they demanded.

I agree with Buzz. I don't see how environmental organizations can be blamed for forest fires. That comic strip implies that they stopped controlled burns. Well I don't think they were responsible for that at all. I know in this state, slash burns were always being protested by the general public, because they didn't like the smoke obscuring their view of the mountains. The average naive person who doesn't have a clue about fires or forests, also do not want forest fires to be allowed to burn. It is not the environmental groups that are responsible for this! I myself am not a member of any of them, but I just don't think it's right to blame them for something they had nothing to do with.

I read that comic strip and see the very same "groups" making similar claims of "success".
biggrin.gif
I know that they are not responsible for all the problems, but they don't provide much in the way of solutions either. Let them weather the storm awhile.
drool.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-17-2003 09:13: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back