A Moment You're Looking Forward To

I look forward to many things, mostly small. Don't know if I'll ever get back out in the Rockies again; I'll miss that but it's not the end all. I look forward to seeing my grandchildren every chance I get, rare that they are. Mostly I look forward each morning to my wife coming dragging into the breakfast room for our coffee time and knowing by her presence that I have one more day with her.

Two things. First, I'm almost done with a PhD dissertation, so the culmination of 21 years of school will be pretty cool. The 2nd, my dad drew an awesome elk tag in New Mexico, and I may be more excited about helping him, than I would be if it was mine.

Right now I am thinking about... 3a.m May12, putting gas in the crestliner before we cross the border. Putting the boat in at Sioux Narrows as the sun rises, catching lake trout shallow, fryin walleye for shore lunch. Loons calling.

Great thread! Considering the source, nothing less would be expected.

Closest moment I'm looking forward to... Spring bear.

attachment.php

I think the thing I am looking forward to most this year is a Thanksgiving whitetail hunt with the family in Northern Idaho. A lot of other stuff between now and then but that is what it all builds up to! In the immediate future I look forward to the first Spring Chinook that decides my herring looks good enough to eat and the first big boar black bear that hesitates long enough to give me a chance... Just damn happy winter is coming to an end I think!

I’ve been in the Middle East for a month and will be home next week. I’m looking forward to seeing these two more than anything.77A7CEED-FDA8-453B-95F5-EDCC969C04E2.jpg

I'm looking forward to cracking a cold beer at the truck after putting the last quarter in the back. :hump:

I am always looking foward to the upcoming hunting season. Mostly I look forward to going to the Pa mountains it reminds me of when I was 12 going on my first deer hunt with my Dad. That was 50 years ago I still love the sights and smells.

Archery Elk hunting in SW Montana- it's on my mind everyday, all the time!

Attachments

• MFDC6772.jpg
    MFDC6772.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 179
  • WGI_0006.jpg
    WGI_0006.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 179
  • WGI_0003.jpg
    WGI_0003.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 181
  • MFDC4850.jpg
    MFDC4850.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 178
I'm dreaming of filling my breaks rifle tag I finally got, that has totally taken over my brain. In the short term looking forward to getting out on the reservoirs here and slaying the perch and walleye with my wife and girls.

Great thread! Prayers for the best friend's daughter with cancer (that post really puts life in perspective).
My spring turkey season starts next Wednesday, putting an arrow through a big gobbler is what I'm looking forward too. After that its the trip up to Ontario for a week of fishing and archery bear hunting with my bride in late August.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back