A little fun (bow setup)

jerm8352

Saw something like this somewhere else once. Anyways basically what it is is you pretend your friend walks up to you and gives you $600 and says get me a bow and Everything I need to hunt elk in the fall (just the archery stuff, not tags or boots, camo etc). Might be a fun thing to do here while we wait out the pandemic. (Also might be helpful for anyone, me included, who are testing the waters on an elk archery setup but have little to no knowledge on the subject. Yes, I know there are other threads about beginning archery and reviews and things and that you should go to a shop and talk to them but not everyone can do that, especially right now, and I think it might be fun just to see what kinda packages people come up with.). I have seen some pretty creative things with this same type of thread with other things like rifle setup or truck or home shop. Anyways, let’s see it.

Ill use ebay to build out this setup

Bow: PSE RAMPED RTS Kryptek Highlander Compound Bow Package RH 29 70# $249.99 Ready to shoot package
Has Cheap sight, rest quiver
Arrow: Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 350 .003 Fletched/Crested Arrows 1/2 Dozen 60.99 buy 2
Broad head: QAD BX100-F Exodus Broadhead 100 Grain Full Blade 3 pack 3pk $31.98 buy 2
Archery tools:
Arrow Spinner 3D Printed $20
Target:
Rinehart 18 - 1 Broadhead Target Practice Self Healing Foam Archery block $127.99

Total: 521.92

This should get them going. Went with a better arrow and broadheads I know to be decent. Arrow spinner for spinning your arrows with broadheads to ensure they are spinning true. Ready to shoot packages are valuable but I wouldnt suggest keeping the rest, and sight for too long, But this bow with a good tune job will shoot great for anybody.

Ill use ebay to build out this setup

Bow: PSE RAMPED RTS Kryptek Highlander Compound Bow Package RH 29 70# $249.99 Ready to shoot package
Has Cheap sight, rest quiver
Arrow: Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 350 .003 Fletched/Crested Arrows 1/2 Dozen 60.99 buy 2
Broad head: QAD BX100-F Exodus Broadhead 100 Grain Full Blade 3 pack 3pk $31.98 buy 2
Archery tools:
Arrow Spinner 3D Printed $20
Target:
Rinehart 18 - 1 Broadhead Target Practice Self Healing Foam Archery block $127.99

Total: 521.92

This should get them going. Went with a better arrow and broadheads I know to be decent. Arrow spinner for spinning your arrows with broadheads to ensure they are spinning true. Ready to shoot packages are valuable but I wouldnt suggest keeping the rest, and sight for too long, But this bow with a good tune job will shoot great for anybody.
Still need a release, but not a bad set-up.

Reactions: KB_
I'll play for the heck of it! I'm using cabelas.com for mine:

Bow: Bear Species RTH Package (includes sight, rest, quiver, peep and d loop) $400
Arrow: Gold Tip Hunter XT 340 (+/- .003, fletched) $65 per half dozen
Broadhead: Muzzy Trocar 3-Blade (100 gn) $30 for 3
Release: TRU Ball Shooter Buckle $40
Target: Hurricane H-20 Bag $40

$575 so room for sales tax. I went with the better bow (subject to interpretation) that is RTH from the website and skimped a bit on the target. I personally only ever buy arrows 6 at a time and have 3 in my hunting quiver, 3 for practice. I carried that over here. Fun exercise!

Used Bear species RTH $250
Saunders cable slide $25
Decoypro thin gloves $15
Spot hogg wrist release $120
Trophy ridge joker - trade/sell RTH 4-pin for 3-pin model
x12 tiger archery carbon arrows $30
Field points $5
Slick trick broadheads $30
Leftover soft plastic packaging (free) and electric tape $5 to build custom grip
Hurricane bag target $45

$525 + 6% tax + shipping costs = $600

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back