A few more ducks

Nemont

Sunday afternoon I couldn't get anybody but my dog to want to hunt ducks. Finally got out and setup at about 2:30. Barely got sat down and two green heads come in. Double up on them and got my lab, Jess, a little work.

PC100443.jpg

I thought this would be another quick hunt but the birds all flew up the main channel of the river and not on the side channel I was set up on. Just took a few pics of the surroundings.

The view from the blind
PC100448.jpg

PC100447.jpg

PC100442.jpg

Jess was getting a little bored

PC100440.jpg

The sun was close to setting and I decided to pack up.

PC100445.jpg

Just after I snapped that pic two more drakes decoyed and I dropped both of them. Two doubles an hour hour and 45 minutes apart. Ended up with 4 greenheads.

PC100449.jpg

Nemont

Nice work Jeff. Glad the ducks are still around. Now if I lived a little closer, you would never have a problem finding someone to join you on a bird hunt. :D

Also, what condition are those ducks in? A couple of the ones I shot this weekend had protruding keels and tiny breasts (I kinda like small breasts anyway) ;)

Not sure if they would have made the trip anyway.

craig,

One of the ducks was like that. Skinny little breasts and no fat at all. The other three were nice fat bulls that were stuffed with corn. I think they are hitting the feedlots around here.

Nemont

Ahhhhhh... nothing like shooting ducks that have been "picking" in the feedlots....

Congrats on a good day without the cahos that I had to suffer thru....

How come you never get pics of Jess carrying the ducks? Don't let Axl get all the glory.....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back