oct%201.jpg

oct%20105.jpg

oct%20106.jpg

oct%20135.jpg

oct%20136.jpg

oct%20154.jpg

oct%202.jpg

oct%203.jpg

Pretty neat, do you have more than one camera out? Any patterns in the pictures to use somehow? I bought some cameras on sale, but don't know what to do with them. They might take up a bunch of film and scare the animals away, flash and all. I guess I could hunt whichever site had more activity, but it would take lots of film. Neat pictures, a 10 pointer there, but young looking.

could have killed all of these bucks but the second to last. Waiting to see a better look at him. I saw 7 bucks sunday morning alone! the rut is on!

It depends. Some doe will go into heat in Oct, but most will go into heat in Nov. We had a cold weekend and that had them fired up. But the October lull is coming soon.... I am taking a couple weeks off now.
BTW, these were all taken with the 99$ Walmart Moutrie digicam. Had a 10$ 64mb memory card in it for expanded memory. I had 88 pictures on it from a 2 week sitting. those were taken from 44 events, and the camera was set to take 2 pictures each event. Sometimes the second picture is better because the first one makes them look at the camera. It seems like the flash has not much effect on them. There is a pretty bright LED that blinks so i covered that up with a little masking tape to tone it down a bit.

No, i use a 6v rechargeable battery. It lasts for hundreds of pictures in mild weather on one charge.

Those photos remind me of my younger days hunting whitetails growing up in the east. I miss whitetail hunting. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back