Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A couple of decent So Utah bucks...

antlerrick

Here are a couple photos of my son's buck, 26" wide, that he took on the 19th. He finally took me in to his honey hole and let me shoot one of his other bucks, blindfolded of course!!LOL Mine was a 28" 3X4..
Here is a photo of his nice buck:
100_0196.jpg

and here is a photo of my buck:
100_0211.jpg

With my son's bear he shot on Sept 12 with his bow:
bear1.jpg

and his sister's elk she harvested on the 18th:
100_00531kam04.jpg

We have had a great month....Don't know how to follow this one up!!!!
I think I heard it said that "if your taxidermy bill is higher that your house payment, you may be a redneck?" I think I'm pretty close to being in that category!!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Rick

It must be a honey hole if you can get the deer out whole !!!! :eek: :eek:

kudos of the ccritters !!!

yea Moosie, we got them out whole, but if you'll notice the bare spot on the hind quarter, it wasn't without a lot of work. We practically carried the front end of the bucks to save the capes. Probably only had to drag them about 3/4 mile. Would have just caped them and packed them out, but the wife was calling us to dinner so we had to do it quickly...LOL...
I called in 3 big bulls this year close enough to the roads that we brought all three of them out whole...That is a lot better accomplishment than the deer....
Rick

Way to go Rick. Why Blind fold you? My friends that I have taken dont go out without me or asking first. I know the deer's routine pretty well out there and I know where to look to find them. Also how to hunt them. I have guys that have tried for about a week straight and after seeing them they cant find them again. Have to know how to hunt the area.
Awesome month for your family. Way to go you redneck. My taxidermist I am paying for his kid to go to college.LOL

Just a joke on the blindfold!!!!
He is just like any other hunter who has found a good spot and doesn't want the whole country in there. Hey supersider, hope your taxidermist's daughter doesn't go to a very expensive school, huh??? LOL....
I'm probably going to have to build on an addition to the house so I have somewhere to hang'em too...

Hey Rick me and my wife are buying a house right now and waiting for appraisal on the house. If we get it there is a room on the back of the house they called a great room. My wife gave me this room for a Trophy room and it is 24'x24' with 10' ceilings. Not bad for a cost of a house. LOL Wife said she gets the rest of the house and I agreed. She is even asked me what size TV I want in there and I was not trying to be greedy so I told her a 27" She told me she was looking at 32". I have to hook my surrond sound and get to watch my hunting videos as loud as I want.LOL This is the first room we are working on meaning painting when we move in there so I can get all my mounts put up. So I do get to fill up that room with mounts. Will most likely be Mule deer heads in there though. But I cant give the Taxidermist any work till we move in is what my wife told me.
Will be back out in the desert helping my brother out on a buck in about an hour so have to go get ready .
Again congrats on the whole family and there trophies.

Great photos Rick. Nice deer and a great bear. I have to say though, looks like you guys might listen to the young lady. Seems she might know a thing or two about this huntin' game. That's a great bull. Do you know what it scores? I'm guessin' somewhere around 355 or 360.

:cool:

Hey Danr, That bull grosses 382 2/8 with only 45 inch main beams. The net will probably be about 360-365. Not sure how they score the devil tines but I'd bet they would be a deduct...
It has the extra point on the left side which would drop it down along with the devil tines...
Still, after discussing the score, we decided we'll still keep it...LOL...
Supersider, This is crazy but I am just in the process of trying to figure out how to afford to add on a 24 X 24 room off of my family room, and it would have ceilings of 10'6". It wouldn't take long to fill it up but at least when it was full of animals, the basement would be empty again and we could work on filling it again.!! HAHAHA...
Good luck with your brothers hunt...
Rick

Rick he got on several bucks today. A 3x3 about 25"- 26" wide. Tall to. 15 yds but a doe busted both of us buck came out of bed at a full run. Got on a couple trash bucks also. 60 yds from them and they heard him and bailed.
Had lots of fun though.

Back