A couple more steelhead

MTranch

I caught these this past April, only ones I got pics of that I showed my secret holes to someone else to get pics. Sorry they are large pics. Yes I know I needed a haircut LOL Fishing was more important at the time!!!
fish.jpg

fish4.jpg

Chris

MTranch, those look like Salmon river fish to me. Ever make it over to the clearwater for the B's.

The clearwater was excellent steelheading last winter. I only went once but hooked 28 in 4 days. Biggest I landed was 38 inches.

How about the chinooks, been fishing them at all? I've landed over 90 so far. Doubt I'll make it back down, the commute is a little long for me. Steelhead and Salmon fishing is a dangerous sport, before you know it, you have a gob of money and time invested.

Buzz.....Yeppers those are Salmon River fish, I live at the headwaters of the Salmon River here in Idaho those fish swam 900 miles upstream to spawn, pretty beat up and tired once they are here but still are a blast. I catch about 30-40 fish a year in spare time afternoon fishing . Next spring I'll save ya a few miles of driving and show ya some spots here. April is when they are up this far.
I have not fished for the Chinooks yet, it is a battle ground with all the fisherman on the river, season is not open up this far you gotta go to Riggins and just read it is now open just north of the city of Salmon on Panther Creek. Never know I might strap the 44 mag on my side and go wet a line for a chinook.
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back