Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A Black Bear Rug (pictures)

BW

Gents,

Well, thanks strictly to my procrastinating nature, I just received my bear rug back. This was the one I shot last Spring. It was taken in S.E. Alaska and was seven foot with a 20 13/16ths skull (green.)

Here's some pictures...

fca4a09e.jpg

fca4a091.jpg

fca4a088.jpg

A couple with my wild-haired 5 year old posing...
fca4a0a8.jpg

fca4a096.jpg

It turned out great! The taxidermist was non-other than Tammy S. the wife of one our very own members here, Joel S (or lilbigun). She worked with me and my wife, while we picked out the backing colors and whether or not the mouth would be closed, open, or snarled. We chose open with no snarl. She did a great job, and I plan on sending any future bears I shoot up to her. The pictures just don't do it justice.

Maybe next Monday, if I get around to it, I'll send JJHack the skull...
wink.gif

Nice looking bear BW. Looks very good with the mouth open, but I would like to see what the snarl pose looks like as well. Hopefully I can be as lucky this June when Team Moosie heads to Sask.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I really want one now.

Great looking bear! I wish my rug would have turned out looking like that. For the 784 dollars it cost me to do it, it should have had gold painted fingernails or something!

bulldown

Thanks for the compliments. I was very happy when the bear turned out fairly large. The skull size is big enough for the annual B&C book, but not the real book. To be honest, I don't know much about B&C stuff, and am just going off what others have told me.

Lilbigguns wife, Tam, did the work at a very reasonable price (better than what was listed above) and it could have been done much faster if I had sent the hide off sooner. You guys going to Canada this year for that bear hunt, may want to consider using her services. I certainly recommend her, and the taxidermy company where she works!

Do you know what she charges? And also How would I get ahold of her? The bear looks awesome, she did a nice job.

THanks

Sorry guys, didn't mean to ignore the questions about where to get ahold of Tam. I think the best thing to do, is for me to e-mail Lilbiggun (member here) and let him know that people are looking for contact info. He'll have all the proper phone numbers.

Back