PEAX Equipment

98% Want to Ban Fat-Assed ATV Riders in Montana

EG, you and IT must have gone to the same Looneyversity. Was it ACME LU? You 2 think that everybody that has a different use for public land then yours should be banned from those lands.

Neither of you has shown, short of because you said so, why ATV's should be banned from ALL public lands. The only people here that keep saying that ATV's should be allowed on all public lands, are those against ATV's.

Can either of you show US where making laws to completely ban an activity has bettered society? We have speed limits on our highways. Does everybody follow those? We haven't banned driving. What about murder and rape? Those have been illegal for awhile, haven't they???
Here are some topics closer to the website & hunting: How long has it been illegal to jacklight deer? How long has it been illegal to hunt on posted land without permission? How long has it been illegal to shoot from the road? How long has it been illegal to shoot from your vehicle? Have we banned hunting yet??? What % of "hunters" still do these things, even though they are TOTALLY PROHIBITED (in ID anyways)? Has banning these activities brought us to a level of eutopian hunting? IT, has your beloved CAP solved all the poaching problems for hunters in ID yet?
NO There will always be some level of nonconformist that is going to break the law until their caught. Hunters that poach are not hunters, they're poachers, but in the nonhunting public eye, they are hunters.
Those who would call for a total ban of recreational pursuit on public lands are only letting their ignorance show though.

Ten, I believe in keeping it real simple. There should be only two laws concerning ATVs.

1. It should be illegal to use them for hunting purposes.

2. All the rest of the time they should have to stay on designated trails and roads.

That way even the dumbest ATV rider oughta be able to understand. Then, any violaters should have their ATV confiscated.

WH, ID requires all ATV's that are ridden on paved roads to have a license plate, forest system riders must have a plate or off road sticker, and those that use the authorized trails must have the off road sticker. I use my ATV to plow my street in town, and for trail riding, therefore I have to register my ATV twice each year. Why should ATV's be restricted to only those roads were jeeps and such (passenger) vehicles must travel? Why shouldn't there be roads and trails open for ATV travel?

IT, answer the other questions.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I also would like you to define: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> 1. It should be illegal to use them for hunting purposes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Define "purposes". It is already, and has been for some years, illegal to hunt from a motorized vehicle.

Are you including the packing of camps and equipment, and the transportation of game????? Can you give an example of any other activities that as a part are legal, but as a whole are illegal???

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-02-2003 10:50: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

I am against ATV's in most cases. I know here in NJ its illegal to use them on state land but you find there tracks and debris all over the place. WE don't have enough rangers to catch them all. I have never seen a hiker carry a 30 pack into the woods. But them ATV'ers all have coolers on the back, and they can't put the empties in the empty cooler to bring them out,they just leave them all over the place.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-02-2003 11:25: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</font>

The same thing happens all the time and probably more by people using 4x4 trucks,
I say all 4x4 trucks should be banned during hunting season
hump.gif
hump.gif

I Know for a fact that high school kids use 4x4 trucks to get into remote spots to have keggers..........and they always leave a mess.........
4x4's are evil and should be banned......

Hell it is already a known fact that they Use more gas....hence more polution......they are a danger to other motorists in the event of an accident.....
I see absolutly no reason for anybody to have a 4x4 truck or....... gasp....
eek.gif
SUV
Any real hunter should be able to walk in from maintained roads suitable for automobiles.
Heck lets ban all suv's 4x4's and any type of pick up truck.
then you wouldn't have people hauling atv's into the forest, you wouldn't have them pulling their campers, boats ect ect, and littering or even peeing in the forest.
Only people who hike in and use a tent would be allowed into the forests.
What a great idea....PATS BACK.....
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif
soapbox.gif

IT, I see you don't want to substantiate you statement.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Ten, Nice try, but I'm not fallin' for it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Now Gunner don`t be getting "sneaky" you know i don`t call for banning atv`s, and i don`t think Ten said/meant that either, just enforce the laws for the "dickheads" that don`t use them responsibly, and if that includes confiscation so be it, why punish "all' of the good responsible hunters that use them as a tool, just like a truck etc.?

CJ,

The biggest reason, is that the "10% who cause the problems" are too stupid to read a travel map, or read a sign. And so, instead of putting the burden on Enforcement, let's just ban them all, and there is no "gray" area left for the Ten Bears of the world to try and claim they didn't know.

I was just agreeing with your idea to quit layering laws, and confusing people who have bounced their unhelmeted head off of their ATV handlebars once too many times.

The same could be said for hunting in general then EG. Even with mandatory hunters education, a multitude of laws, and an active pusuit by law enforcement, we still have poachers, and nonhunters look at them as being "hunters". Therefore, are you calling for a total ban of hunting????? Go ahead, let you true colors stand out (I'd bet you could still slide an elk in off the back 40 from time to time).
eek.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm still waiting for your "intelligent" response to the questions above.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-05-2003 11:54: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Back