Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

$900 to $1300 new rifle

Lets say I'm looking at the 6.5 PRC. I cant find a Tikka in that price range.
Again thank you for everyone that has responded. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I sure enjoy my Christensen Arms mesa pretty light, points well and shoots great. Love the trigger tech triggers in them. I have a regular 7mm08 and a long range 300 win. Both shoot awesome!

For what it's worth. Different guns for different people. I was mostly archery and as ages gets up on me I'm doing more rifle shooting. This fall I had the opportunity to shoot a friend's Browning "HELL'S CANYON SPEED" in 7mm mag. I absolutely fell in love with the gun. I'm still looking to purchase the gun. Good luck.

PS: most will ask what you intend to use the gun for? Elk, deer, antelope, P-dogs, coyotes or Grizzly?
I completely agree. I am going to handle each gun before I make a purchase. It is just so overwhelming reading on the internet. LOL

I picked up a B-14 Wilderness Ridge just last night. I was deciding between the T3x, B-14 and Christensen Arms Mesa.

I was really close to buying the Mesa, but Sportsman's only had it in like 300 Win Mag. Wasn't a big fan of the stainless barrel on the Tikka so I went with the B-14.

hard to beat the tikka in 7mm mag all purpose rifle

For about the same price as that HS Precision you could get a Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry that is the same action, but weights a pound less and has a longer fluted barrel...
+1 for the Backcountry

I have a Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry in 300WM (with a Howa barreled action) and absolutely love it. I think I paid around $1100 for it, and it's a great value for the price. Cerakoted, lightweight, nice factory stock, fluted barrel. My only point of caution would be the fluted barrel, which tends to heat up really quickly with the magnum rounds, so when you're dialing it in, it's good to take your time and let the barrel cool.

So many good options in rifles, scopes, bows, heck everything! Have fun deciding and get what you like the best. There really is no wrong choice. Me, I’m partial to Browning.

Can't speak for the other recommendations, but I have loved my Browning HCS in .300 WM.

I just looked at scheels in Fargo, ND this past weekend. They have a ton of Tikkas and Christensen armsand only a few x-bolts. Anyways I like all 3 of these but still like the Tikka the best. Havnt shot the other 2 but the Tikka has not disappointed me. $799 there- were $750 a year ago.

Why changing stocks on the Tikkas? Mine seems pretty good and shooting sub moa. And I dont shoot rifles much.

Why changing stocks on the Tikkas? Mine seems pretty good and shooting sub moa. And I dont shoot rifles much.
Stock pattern and fit preference. It's not necessary by any means.

Euro Optics has Tikkas starting at $579 in a variety of calibers.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back