7mm08

Is a 7 mag at 400 yards an adequate elk round? It’s the same bullet, just a little slower.

I've had good luck with mine for the last 20 years. I havent shot an elk from over 400 yards, but I wouldnt shoot that far on one anyway since part of the fun for me is getting close.

I'm glad I'm thinking about a browning x bolt I'm a lefty and they make a good quality gun

Uhhhh, let me see. I bought my 7/08 right after I divorced, as a 'Good for You' present to me. The Ex & I were chained for 15 yrs, the 7/08 has stayed with me as my GoTo hunting rifle for 6 yrs beyond that! My only 100% 1st shot, done rifle.

But to your question....Yeah it's more than adequate, as long as You are.

Uhhhh, let me see. I bought my 7/08 right after I divorced, as a 'Good for You' present to me. The Ex & I were chained for 15 yrs, the 7/08 has stayed with me as my GoTo hunting rifle for 6 yrs beyond that! My only 100% 1st shot, done rifle.

But to your question....Yeah it's more than adequate, as long as You are.
Well sounds like the rifle was the better buy.thank you for the advice

I've had 4 killed with mine from ranges of 200 yards to 500 yards. They all did the job nicely, except one at 250 yards. A friend was using my gun and hit it a little back. One more shot from 300 yards put it down. Shot placement is more important than caliber. I have a buddy in Montana who has dropped elk with a 22-250. He's dead nuts with his gun and one bullet in the boiler is all it took.

I like my 7mm08 because I don't flinch when I use is. A 7mm Ultra Mag will be way less lethal than the 7mm08 if you flinch every time you pull the trigger.

Thanks that's the Intel I'm looking for a shoot a 2506 for everything down and it has always worked just put it where it's supposed to go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back