7mm-08 accubond seating depth

I have a decent load accuracy wise with imr-4350 but it’s slow. I’ve been messing with other powders and not getting the accuracy I’m looking for. So now I’m messing with the seating depth. Just curious since I see you guys getting great velocity and accuracy.

I’ve never had a problem getting accubonds in any caliber to shoot doing normal load buildup and seating them at nosler coal specs which is usually pretty far off the lands in most factory rifles. Certainly one of the less sensitive bullets to seating depth.

That’s where I’m seated at with my 4350 loads but can’t seem to get the other powders to do well with that. I have some loaded to book specs so I’m a day or two I’ll try those and see what happens.

I've also had accuracy tighten up by switching primers. As if there wasn't enough rabbit holes to go down already, here I go and add another. Lol

Do you guys find this to be true for the most part regardless of caliber with accubonds? I’m in the process of developing a load for a 7 mag.

My set up - with Sako 7mm-08 with 140gn Accubonds with a COL of 2.807". Comparator length measuring at ogive is 2.247". The jump from the loaded length 2.247" to the lands on my gun is .133".

Do you guys find this to be true for the most part regardless of caliber with accubonds? I’m in the process of developing a load for a 7 mag.

The only exception I've had is my 7 Rem. Mag. The accubonds shoot best from it, right between .005 and .010 off the lands. I settled on a .010 jump, but it shot just as good at .005.

Seems if you rifle likes them, it really likes them. If it doesn't......

I tried like the dickens to get them to work for me. No luck.
Ballistic Tips, no problem in any of my rifles.
ABLR, my rifles love!

Ok here is the update. I tried several different loads today but the one that shined the most was 43 gr of Varget with the 140 accubond at 2.770. Averaged 2900 fps and shot a 3 shot .510 group. Thank you all for the help.

Ok here is the update. I tried several different loads today but the one that shined the most was 43 gr of Varget with the 140 accubond at 2.770. Averaged 2900 fps and shot a 3 shot .510 group. Thank you all for the help.

Both of the 7-08's in our house use the same...43.0 grains varget/140 AB, with similar accuracy and velocity. You'll be happy with the performance on big-game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back