7 SAUM

FLS

I picked up a 700 BDL in 7 SAUM in a trade. Anybody got any experience With this caliber? Pet loads?

Congratulations!

I have no real pet loads.
I worked through reloading for one with a coworker that has one.
Came away with 2 lessons.

His Remington Model 7 didn't like neck sizing only. Even with once fired brass had an issue chambering. Full length sizing took care of that.

The second was a very short throat and magazine.
The 160gr GameKings were pushed WAY into the cartridge!

Were i to get a SAUM, i'd lengthen the magazine box, and throat ream it to make use of the full potential of the case volume.

Reactions: FLS
I have a Remington Model Seven in 7 SAUM and think it’s a perfect rifle. I’m getting 2950 fps with 160 grain Partitions and Accubonds out of the factory 22” barrel. I have the factory magazine length and don’t find it limiting at all.

I can’t speak to the neck sizing deal, cause I find neck sizing pointless.

Last edited:
One of my favorite cartridges. Hope you can find some brass if you reload. I’d be building one right now if I could find brass but it’s hard to find so I’m doing a 7mm Sherman max (saum improved) instead because I can get brass for that

A way too expensive (and only) custom 300 WSM built around a 700 SA Magnum action has soured me on the shorts. My fault tho, should'a stuck with Sako WSM's.

I'm doing a Tikka 7SAUM build. I have a preorder on ADG brass through Unknownmunitions. ADG says they're hoping to make it by the end of Dec and have it in retailers hands by mid January.

I'm doing a Tikka 7SAUM build. I have a preorder on ADG brass through Unknownmunitions. ADG says they're hoping to make it by the end of Dec and have it in retailers hands by mid January.
Have to admit...the lefty who posted the tricked Tikka recently has me coveting.

Smoothest action around unless you jump into the custom. Centerfeed magazine feeds cartridges like they have eyes
Caption this with a 25" barrel...
waiting.jpg

100 pieces of Norma Brass was part of the deal. Want to try the 162 ELDX and the 165 Gamechanger. Figure those will play nice with the short action.

My first and only custom build is in 7SAUM. I put it together myself. I've tried the 165 Gamechanger it shot well but switched to monos. I'm currently shooting the 145gr Badlands Bulldozer at 3200fps with RL26 and couldn't be happier.

Back