7 Bobcats in 1 Night

backcountry_sassn

I am still on cloud nine. Last night I got checked by a warden at my first set, and he must have been one of santas helpers. The next trap had mature pretty tom. I only have out 30 sets, so I spent the rest of my daylight putting in 10 more sets. Then I started checking again. Next area was nothing, but the next had another mature tom that was just as pretty. I was feeling pretty good. Checked my cage and missed a cat. It stepped on the pan and pressed it all the way down, but I didn't have it adjusted right so the pin didn't move enough to drop the door. Hiked in to my next area to check 4 sets and the second to last had a tom slightly bigger than the other two. The next trap over had another tom the same size, just a full belly. I had now tied my single check record of four. I hed to my next spot with 4 more sets. Second trap, another big tom. Next set was empty. While i walked down the wash I noticed bobcat tracks heading down. I told my self they are too old. Nope, another big tom. On my way to the main road, I set some washes in the flats. Get the the first trap and its messed up. Thinking its a kit fox, which is very common in the flats, I walk to my set, follow the chain, and the best tom of the night is hiding in a bush. Big, white belly, and big black spots. I feel like I'm going to wake up from a dream.

EC0AC7CF-EB38-4BD4-9439-CB7080EA9B97.jpegEF8C3FE4-8F71-483C-A711-9CC7D921145A.jpeg

Dang! Take pics and keep it in the journals. Your going to be talking about that your whole life. Your friends and family will get sick of the story about the night you got 7 cats! Congrats!

Sweet Jesus , I feel for the female around that area.
Kidding aside great catches !
You might be surprised what they bring this year.

Wow! Makes me feel useless... We have one that keeps eating chickens and I can't figure out how the hell to get him into a live trap.
Congrats!

Sweet Jesus , I feel for the female around that area.
Kidding aside great catches !
You might be surprised what they bring this year.
I feel for the kittens. There definitely wont be many in the area with this many toms around

I am still on cloud nine. Last night I got checked by a warden at my first set, and he must have been one of santas helpers. The next trap had mature pretty tom. I only have out 30 sets, so I spent the rest of my daylight putting in 10 more sets. Then I started checking again. Next area was nothing, but the next had another mature tom that was just as pretty. I was feeling pretty good. Checked my cage and missed a cat. It stepped on the pan and pressed it all the way down, but I didn't have it adjusted right so the pin didn't move enough to drop the door. Hiked in to my next area to check 4 sets and the second to last had a tom slightly bigger than the other two. The next trap over had another tom the same size, just a full belly. I had now tied my single check record of four. I hed to my next spot with 4 more sets. Second trap, another big tom. Next set was empty. While i walked down the wash I noticed bobcat tracks heading down. I told my self they are too old. Nope, another big tom. On my way to the main road, I set some washes in the flats. Get the the first trap and its messed up. Thinking its a kit fox, which is very common in the flats, I walk to my set, follow the chain, and the best tom of the night is hiding in a bush. Big, white belly, and big black spots. I feel like I'm going to wake up from a dream.

View attachment 206898View attachment 206899
Awesome fur!

Cat prices weren't too bad this season. Got my 3rd highest average. My wife was actually happy at the end of this season haha.
Awesome! I won’t be buying an enclosed trailer and half a brand new quad like I did a few years back off of coyotes lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back