Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

6X6 Montana Bull

jerrym

elk29vj.jpg

I do not belong on this forum as most people always kill huge trophies and I usually kill a cow the last week but not this year. I shot him in his bed with a 30-06 180 grain partition. I downloaded the B and C scoresheet and scored him at 322 gross and 316 net. It was hard for 2 of us to get him up the mountain to the road thank god a couple came by will a ton of rope and a winch. I took it to the butcher today and with head, skin, and legs off it weighed 444 lbs, back half 185 front half was 259, biggest he has seen this year by far he said. It felt good to sleep in, by forearms and back were sore this morning. Thanks for listening , I am still on cloud 9. Good luck to everybody. JerryM

JerryM, congrats on the successful Montana elk hunt! That is a great looking bull and a dang big bodied one as well. Way to go!

Nice bull!!

Post away, even if it is cows and does. We like seeing them.

Oak

Killer bull jerry, congrats and thanks for sharing. I hope to see more pictures from you. Heck I post pics of does and carp for gosh sakes. Any good picture of a memorable hunt or fishing trip is great to see or hear about.

Thanks guys for all compliments, mtmiller I hope to post more pics like this one ;) I see you post great pics of your waterfowl hunts, that is what I want to do now. A bunch of us want to go to freezeout, I have killed tons of ducks and honkers but never a snow. I guess they are coming in. If it works out I will post some waterfowl pics. JerryM

Hey Jerry...

Thats a dandy you got there...

You can post any thing you like, and and Oak said earlier, it just doesn't matter, we like seeing it all...

Job well done... :)

Russ..

Yeah Marv he was a migrating bull out of the Pintlars into the Bitterroots south of Hamilton MT. There were 3 others with him that I never saw till I shot him, Thank God they never saw me first, but I think they were bulls also I never got a good look at them but they were light blond almost looked gray going through the trees the last one had his head back like a bull. They way he was positioned I could see his chest and 2 eye guards so I knew he was legal (branch antlered) and took him then I was surprised when I came up on him much bigger then I expected. JerryM

Smokin

How come your elk was running around with a black bag over his face? If he would've cut out eye holes he probably would have seen you coming.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back