Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

680 Ervin Ridge and Bullwhacker Roads

BuckRut

Called the BLM and they weren't incredibly helpful. Need to know what the access down these roads is like. Would anyone in the know want to PM me?

When my wife drew it, I think the biologist or someone from FWP in havre had the phone number for the Wilkes lawyer who was handling it. Not sure if anything’s changed. They didn’t allow bullwhacker access that year unfortunately but I think they have every year since then. If you have the opportunity to do it, I’d strongly consider hunting from the river. It provides the best public access unless you’re paying for access on the western part of the unit. It’s a really fun way to hunt it also. We didn’t have a jet boat, so we had someone drop us off at the ferry with our 16’ prop boat. We hunted slowly downstream and had our truck/trailer waiting for us at the Fred Robinson. Good luck and enjoy the hunt. Also, don’t expect to find a 200” sheep. They aren’t as common as some guys will tell you.

Bullwacker road is private and any access will be via Wilks.

Ervin ridge is private as well.
Do you know if they let people pay to go through or outfit down those roads? I figured the answer was that I wasn't going to get access but I am curious whether to expect traffic coming down these roads or not.

I floated it last year from the ferry to James kipp. It was a blast. I’d highly recommend floating it. Lots of colleges with Rec depts will rent rafts for very cheap. It’s an easy float.

Do you know if they let people pay to go through or outfit down those roads? I figured the answer was that I wasn't going to get access but I am curious whether to expect traffic coming down these roads or not.
I don’t know if access can be had or not.

I bought a jet boat when I drew, sold it after my hunt it was sooo enjoyable. Youll get out of it what you put into it amazing country hiking into remote areas really increased sightings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back