Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

6.5 PRC

Just got my tracking number for the Seekins Havok PH2 in 6.5PRC I sold 3 guns to fund this project as being a responsible spouse I told her that no new money would be spent. I will not miss guns I have not shot in a decade, so no problem there. This will be my mid-weight rifle for short to medium hikes. Should come in around 10 pounds set up.

You sold me the scope that is currently on my PH2 in 6.5PRC. You are going to like the rifle!

I'm starting a 6.5 build out of a Tikka t3x 300 win mag that I picked up on the cheap side. I don't know how well they will feed from the factory magazine but I plan on changing the bottom metal to mountain tactical la. Then getting the la Magpul pmag to load them. Once I get everything I will post pictures of the build.

I'm starting a 6.5 build out of a Tikka t3x 300 win mag that I picked up on the cheap side. I don't know how well they will feed from the factory magazine but I plan on changing the bottom metal to mountain tactical la. Then getting the la Magpul pmag to load them. Once I get everything I will post pictures of the build.
If doing the 6.5 PRC, I'd look very hard at the magazine from Hell's Canyon Armory. Metal magazine designed for the WSM/PRC/SAUM rounds.

If doing the 6.5 PRC, I'd look very hard at the magazine from Hell's Canyon Armory. Metal magazine designed for the WSM/PRC/SAUM rounds.

I thought about that

My idea on this is if the 6.5 doesn't work out I can go back to 300 win mag by opting to keep it a long action. Or if I decide to try the 300 prc. If I went with that magazine then if I switch back I haven't gained anything for oal for the 300. Just trying to keep it as versatile as possible.

I ended up getting the new Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Hunter, and am excited to mess with it. I'm steering clear of Hornady ammo until they come out with the 120gmx, or Barnes with the 127gr LRX. Or if I can ever find any Retumbo, I'll buy some Hammers and load them.

I ended up getting the new Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Hunter, and am excited to mess with it. I'm steering clear of Hornady ammo until they come out with the 120gmx, or Barnes with the 127gr LRX. Or if I can ever find any Retumbo, I'll buy some Hammers and load them.
I found some retumbo last weekend. Kinda pricey at $38 a pound.

I actually handled a friend's yesterday and it did seem heavy. But he had a bipod and pretty large optic on the rifle. It shouldered very well though and he said it's shooting very well in the 6.5prc.

I actually handled a friend's yesterday and it did seem heavy. But he had a bipod and pretty large optic on the rifle. It shouldered very well though and he said it's shooting very well in the 6.5prc.
I contacted Christensen and they said the new lefties will be available in late October. The more I read the more excited I get about the PRC. If I draw a Thanksgiving coues tag I should be able to use it on that hunt. Love getting new guns

If you're gonna handload with a magazine like that Hells Canyon, I'd go 6.5 GAP/SAUM.

6.5 SAUM owner here, if doing over I’d probably try PRC. Would be nice to have the factory ammo and both of my barrels have been a little finicky in load dev.

Looking at a Mesa in 6.5PRC as well but heard the advertised weights were a little low and that were actually over 7lbs, not the case?

I’d say they are right at 7 or so.
Mine says 8.2 on the bathroom scale with a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 and Talley med rings .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back