6.5 PRC vs. .257 Wby. Mag

For reloaders, I think a fast-twisted, long-throated 257 Weatherby with 133 gr Berger Elite Hunters or 121 gr Hammer Hunters would be pretty neat.
I have one of these in 25-06 with a *slightly longer freebore and it’s a smokeshow. I stupidly got it in a 1:7.5 instead of 1:7 so I can’t use the 128 hammers, but everything else works great.

Last edited:
If you end up going .257 Wby I have 200 117 grain Hornady Sst bullets and well over 100 rounds of brass some once fired some never fired that I’m gonna sell soon on here as well as the RCBS die set and 2 shell holders for that size carriage in the die. Some of the brass is Hornady and some is Weatherby which I believe is made by Norma. If the OP or anyone else is interested in this just PM me and I’ll send you pics of what I have available and you can make me an offer.
Do you still have the brass and projectiles?

Ok, I know it was an old thread but thought it was worth a shot

Everything is worth a shot really. Been trying to fine some brass for a 375 ruger for a buddy. Like most things everything you see is out of stock so something like this could lead to a guy that has a few boxes of brass on a shelf collecting dust.

Back