6.5 cm

That hasn’t been my experience at all with the 117s. I’ve killed deer, hogs, and antelope with them. The majority has been bang flops. I’ve only had one deer I can remember that didn’t drop in sight. Big bodied buck I shot on a hard quartering angle chasing a doe down the edge of a bean field. I hit him last rib and he made it across a big ditch and piled up about 50 feet on the other side. One of the few times I didn’t get an exit.

My wife has sighted in her Howa 6.5 with the 143 grain ELDX. It shoots great at the range. I'm glad to hear midwesthunter had good results as I've been anxious to see how that set up performs for her with pronghorn and possibly with deer as well.

My wife has sighted in her Howa 6.5 with the 143 grain ELDX. It shoots great at the range. I'm glad to hear midwesthunter had good results as I've been anxious to see how that set up performs for her with pronghorn and possibly with deer as well.

She will do just fine with that bullet. Deer and antelope are not that tough, anyway, but the ELDX, for the most part, has performed pretty well and are very accurate. I have not personally shot game with them, but shot some at the range, that my buddy gave me. They shot well. I have shot probably 20 deer with the ELDM and they are great. I know a guy that shot a cow elk, here in Nebraska, with the ELDX. At close range, from a 6.5x55 AI, he got a pass-through shot on lungs and it did very well. There is a guy i Alaska- probably more than one-that killed a grizzly with that bullet. It will keel!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back