Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

6.5 Berger 156grn

Reloder 26 is a pretty impressive powder in the Creed. The problem now, is getting ahold of some. It is pretty unobtanium. I use nothing but Hornady brass in my Creeds and also in my .260s. I have not had a problem getting pretty speedy loads from it. I have never used Lapua brass. I am too cheap, or uh, frugal. :rolleyes:
Should try some ADG brass just as good of quality as lapua just not the price tag

I read somewhere (can't remember where) where some are getting some 2700+ velocities, with the 156, from the Creed. I can see that as a possibility, as I get 2745 with the 147, using Reloder 26. I got up toward 2800, but things started getting a little sticky.

I did some work today with RL 26 and 140g accubonds in my Creedmoor. I ended up getting it to 2970 FPS before any signs of pressure. On another forum it was ran thru quickload and it was just over 62243 pounds of pressure.

Given that data I would think the 156 would be closer to 2800.

I did some work today with RL 26 and 140g accubonds in my Creedmoor. I ended up getting it to 2970 FPS before any signs of pressure. On another forum it was ran thru quickload and it was just over 62243 pounds of pressure.

If that’s true I’m gonna have to give the stuff a try in my 6.5-257AI. It lost considerably more than expected going from the 140 to the 156 with RL-23.

Yep. Reloder 26 is something else. I have also read that you need to be a bit conservative, as there has not been nearly as much testing on it as with some powders. I started to see some obvious signs at just over 2800 with the 147. 2745 is fast enough for me and pretty safe. I don’t chase max vel anymore. The deer do not know the difference.

Yep. Reloder 26 is something else. I have also read that you need to be a bit conservative, as there has not been nearly as much testing on it as with some powders. I started to see some obvious signs at just over 2800 with the 147. 2745 is fast enough for me and pretty safe. I don’t chase max vel anymore. The deer do not know the difference.

I was pretty nervous working it up. To my surprise everything started matching everything I had read. I would of never imagined gaining 240fps over h4350 which is was the best powder.

It’s got to be the Unicorn hooves and Leprechaun poo that they mix in...

I agree not chasing max velocity if you mean that wringing out the last few fps is often not worth the cost, but I’ll take 240fps if I can get it without pushing things.

I was pretty nervous working it up. To my surprise everything started matching everything I had read. I would of never imagined gaining 240fps over h4350 which is was the best powder.

It’s got to be the Unicorn hooves and Leprechaun poo that they mix in...
That is why H4350 is available again. Lol. It is still a great powder and for most applications. It is a very good powder for the Creed, when consistency is the goal and not necessarily velocity. Reloder 26 works well in other cartridges, also. It is going to be tough to get for quite a while, I am afraid. I bought eight pounds of it, before it went crazy. I save it for the 147s.

Nothing special about the antelope just a fun hunt. Caliber sized entrance behind the shoulder with a tennis ball size exit opposite side and mush in between. Didn’t take any internal pictures as it was getting dark quick and had a 5 year old waiting at home to read a book she brought home from the library before bedtime. Just your typical berger internal damage

She asked me if “I had hunting off my brain now”. Had to explain to her that once mom gets an antelope then it’s coyote calling for a couple weeks then I head elk hunting for a week then more coyote hunting with some deer hunting thrown in then it’s trapping season till March. She rolled her eyes. I’m never surviving 3 girls in the house
15B5058D-5AAB-4653-A83E-256CC6A58DEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Never saw a bull :(. My fault. Maybe a deer this weekend. I was much more interested in how they’d do on an elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back