55 dayz and counting

Mato

If my counters right it's about 55 and counting for spring bruins...:)

Dobertar.png

I don't know about where you're at but I think we are going to have bears on our baits pretty early this year.

spring11023.jpg

Looking forward to crossing this creek in the ice again......grin

Season is coming soon.

Attachments

• moose 062.JPG
    moose 062.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 339
If you are an avid elk hunter, but not an avid black bear hunter, I suggest you get more avid in your black bear hunting.

The studies on elk calf mortality show that one of the greatest predation risks for the fist month of an elk calf's life comes from bears. They are very efficient at killing elk calves who at that time, have very little defense options. Trying to stay motionless and scent free being the primary tactic.

The good nose of a bear allows them to find elk calves. When they find them, they don't treat them too kindly.

Save some elk ...... hunt some bears.

Cool pictures Mato, if your not too busy with the young fella we should meet up over a bear outing. Needless to say, I have "cabin fever"

If you are an avid elk hunter, but not an avid black bear hunter, I suggest you get more avid in your black bear hunting.

The studies on elk calf mortality show that one of the greatest predation risks for the fist month of an elk calf's life comes from bears. They are very efficient at killing elk calves who at that time, have very little defense options. Trying to stay motionless and scent free being the primary tactic.

The good nose of a bear allows them to find elk calves. When they find them, they don't treat them too kindly.

Save some elk ...... hunt some bears.

I don't know why but bears are my favorite animal to hunt, I would trade my elk tag for a bear tag on most years.

Great photos Mato!

I have decided that this year.... I am hunting bear! I have done it in the past, but I wouldn't say that I really put in the effort required to kill a bear. I found a bunch of nice ones last spring but not bear tag. Actually got a little too close to a sow and two cubs last spring with no weapon or spray.... NOT smart. I am excited to save some elk as Fin said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back