Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

52 Guns/52 weeks Rifle raffle

Mikeflies

Here is the link for a 52 guns/52 weeks raffle fundraiser the Bear Lake Search & Rescue of Montpelier, Idaho. I have no assoc. with them, but a former co-worker did so I tried to help them out. They are only selling 1000 tickets & not all have been sold so your odds of winning are good. The first 2 rifles were won by the same guy out of Waco, TX. Good luck.
WWW.USAGUNRAFFLES.COM

have to go with gunner. Are perzpective iz a credible organisation caint be dumping unprufed text on a innernet fundrazer. too eazy to git r dun rite with a small amount of effert. Are dollars follow are confidense in the org askin fer it.

Looks like a Nigerian scam when they can't spell "our" "than" "sponsor" "their" "transfer" "allowed" etc. You know, all the really big/complex words that first graders stumble over... I have to wonder where my $50 will end up if I send it to an organization that can not write a basic sentence using the simplest words in the English language.

I sent a short e-mail to the org and they fixed some/all the issues inside an hour. He even wrote back and said thanks for the feedback as he had not realized how many errors he had...

Last edited:
I understand your concern, but don't knock someone trying to help some local volunteers. Elk Country Sports has been in business for 9yrs and ever since they opened they always tried to help raise money for the local area. OK, so they did not hire a pro to do their website...opps. This is the first time they have put together a fundraiser this large and they are learning. He got your email & is fixing the grammar & misspelling of words so he won't be put in the same boat with some Nigerian VooDoo scams. By the way, he was laughing at himself over the website & wanted to thank whomever sent him the email telling him about it. Hope all is well in your world and remember to Treat others the same way you expect to be treated...With Respect.

Listen, there is something to be said for coming across as professional or risk scaring away many at the front door. That includes spelling. Unless you're Moosie. Then he can get away with whatever he wants. ;)

I did treat him with respect, IMO. Joked a bit on here since it was such a mess but gave him earnest and apparently useful input...not every good person on earth has an adequate education. Makes their effort no less valuable.

When I talked to him about the website earlier, he did really thank you for your email & was making the corrections to the website. If I came off defensive, I am sorry. I just know whats its like to want to help sometimes and get the short end of the stick. They really do mean well and I was only trying to help them out. Like I told him, I have never even been to Montpelier but you never know when someone I know may need them. I work for a non-profit Helo EMS company for 6yrs and always was thankful for anyone trying to help us out. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers and next time I will check the website a little better before I ask anyone else to buy from it.
PS my grammar & spelling most likely stinks, but its OK.

Back