5 MORE MONTHS!!!

nmtaxi

5 months until I'm heading to Alaska :D :D
elkgrin.gif
. This is going to be the most un-productive 5 months of my life as far as work goes (the last 5 were bad enough :( ). Any of you guys in the same boat? I can't even think of anything else. Well, alomst nothing else....

I take it you are hunting moose? Where abouts?? (Just checked another post) In a couple of weeks I'll start my search for black bears doing spot & stalk/call hunt with my recurve. Maybe later spring a griz hunt. Just waiting for the snow to go!

I know what you mean Dale, hell I live up here and I still get giddy as a school girl about upcoming hunts.

1 month from today I'll be spending 2 weeks hunting bears in John's neck of the woods.

Sims.... I'm in the Same boat but just not for AK. I was there last year in your Shoes :D It's about the Funnest place to be for dam sure !!!

DID you get any Use of the List I sent out ?

Oh yeah. Those lists will help a lot.
Was that 80 LBS. of salt on that list? I've been messing with a new perservative that might be able to cut down on how much salt I take in, and perseve the hides better. I'll experiment with some hides this summer and figure it out. It works great for hides that are starting to go bad.

Pretty soon I'll get off my ass and start getting everything together. I've been trying to get the last of the taxidermy work done so I can concentrate on the hunt.
:D

lilbiggun -

Piss me off!! What the H%%$$#! Invading my space!! Stomp my hat into the ground!! Geesh!! Damn city boys!!! Oh K I'll calm down! Big breath ah... Are you hunting the south road again?? Lots of onery grizz there. You might see me out and about as I plan to do a bit of bear chasing too! Going all directions I might add. Going to do some early black bear stuff beginning friday weather permitting. Trying to locate the dens & stuff. Planning on nailing one with my recurve via spot & call/stalk. Got to get ready for a fall griz bow hunt that my SIL are planning down on the Copper. Big, hugh & lots bears there. He wants to film me arrowing a griz at 20 yards. I'm holding out for 25!. Not sure if its because he has seen my will or that he just wants the video footage. I guess I'll find out!

Hey let me know the area and I'll do a scout or have a bud do an airiel (sp sucks after jack) flyover or quiz my F&G bud what is going on there for you. God what I do for the city boys!! Even those that move in to MY stomping grounds!!

John, yup were doing the old highway again. We usually hunt between the tanana and caribou creek.

Hows the spring going up by you? Were coming up on either the 5th or 6th. first day we have to help a buddy move, next day were heading out.

lilbiggun -

If you are talking the caribou creek down by the nebesna road and up to the tanana you will be covering lots of ground. Lots of bears around about 105 mile down to about 60 mile. Around the little tok & tok river drainages are killers for bear. Find the old road sections to kick off from if you can and watch out for the native land.

I'm heading out tomorrow hopefully to take a look see but not on the south road. I'll save that for later.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back