44 mag vs 10mm for grizzly

Ability to accurately place your shot and bullet choice should be prime considerations in any choice. Hard cast seem to be the way to go. 44 is harder to shoot than 10mm but packs more punch. I suspect in most instances the shots would be pretty close so it may not matter that much. 10mm also has more ammo on board so that's nice and they are generally lighter. In the end I lean towards the 44 but not by a lot. Even though you can shoot more bullets the 10mm just isn't that powerful and we are talking about stopping power. Either one you choose you should practice with it. Ultimately I would use bear spray first. Pistol is last resort.

Every time I look at that bear, I realize how insignificant we are to an apex predator. Regardless of the gun you choose, make sure you can stop a bear. Killing a bear and stopping it can be 2 different things.

It reminds me of “Hatchet Jack” in Jeremiah Johnson…

83C7EF58-1334-4304-816B-2BB019B50659.jpeg

Every time I look at that bear, I realize how insignificant we are to an apex predator. Regardless of the gun you choose, make sure you can stop a bear. Killing a bear and stopping it can be 2 different things.

View attachment 261121
yeah thinking a roll of TP should definitely accompany my bear kit cuz If that big bastard was charging me I'll likely shite myself......lol

View attachment 261121
If you come across that up close in a particular grouchy mood are we sure the gun would be best used on the bear??

Every time I look at that bear, I realize how insignificant we are to an apex predator. Regardless of the gun you choose ...
Doesn't matter ... you'll never get it out of your holster. 44 mag vs 11mm vs bazooka ... it just doesn't matter.

(Critical factor is the partner behind you with bear spray at the ready, or as in the case of the two wrestling teammates in Wyoming, ready to punch that bear in the snout!)

Wheel gun will not jam..
Heavier loads with 44.
We always carry our 44s over 10mm.
Just practice
Only time a wheel gun “jammed” was when a round jumped the crimp. Heavy loads and short barrels dont always mix well. Turned my 6 shot revolver into a one shot paper weight, but luckily it was during target practice.

With all the debris getting into my holsters and less moving parts, I prefer a revolver, plus bear spray.

I have both the Ruger Alaskan, and the Glock model 40 10mm, but just like @shrapnel says, we realize how small we are when seeing that bear.
Both shoot amazing and are true/accurate.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back