PEAX Equipment

410's who shoots them ?

I like my Savage 410 - 22 cal over/under, as the 22 can dispatch a roosting grouse without the "pellet or two in the breast".
I used to use a 22 but a dog whining in the back seat doesn’t help grouse sit still. I’ll take the odd pellet for more birds in the bag

Love .410s.

Mine is a little older than most, but I got a Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works, Champion break action .410.

Both pieces of wood are stamped with matching serial number to gun. Serial number has only 4 letters and was told only serial numbers with letters were made from 1940-1950.
A great little gun! My Dad bought me a Champion .410 like yours when I turned 11, that was 1954. I recall he paid $29.00 for it at the local hardware store, and my son and grandson cut their teeth on this hunting thing we do while using it. We've moved on to bigger and better? gear, but the old Champion still holds a place in the safe and a place in our hearts for all the enjoyment it provided us.

With TSS a .410 is really lethal on turkeys. Loaded a box for a friend’s grandson.
Trying to find another one for myself with choke tubes, but hard to find what I want.
EFA54622-D8DE-4210-9A65-638BFF6DBBE6.jpeg
F4BCAF88-0C2F-4494-9A2D-954201AABD66.jpeg

I picked up a Yildiz .410 (which I believe is Turkish?) It was at an Academy Sports and was only like $150 a few years back just for fun. Its a break over gun that I can fold over and fit into my pack. Great for grouse, squirrels, etc. but my favorite is each year when I get close to my dove limit, I break out the .410 and shoot that so I can stay just a little bit longer.

I have no idea why, but sometimes I feel an irking for a lever action .410. I don’t think I’ve ever seen steel shot and we can’t hunt with lead, but a lever action .410 would be so fun.

Got my daughter a Tristar .410 semi 2 years ago for waterfowl hunting so I didn’t scare her off with recoil the first season of hunting and wouldn’t you know it….. first bird she ever shot banded!
I've been looking at these for my granddaughter. She pooh poohed the "scary" one with the pistol grip, but likes the regular stocked camo one.

My dad started me out on a Winchester Model 41. Single shot bolt .410 bore 2 3/4" which had "express" sights on it. They only made them in Full Choke. Pitiful dove gun, but the best rabbit gun ever made. Running about $400-$500 in GunBroker these days. I really want one for a grouse sluicing gun.

Have an AyA 410. Had it and a 28ga AyA for a good number of years before I tried them out. the 28ga is now my go to gun. The 410 I decided to try out as a training gun with the dog's and damned if I don't like it. There's a secrete to shooting a 410 and hitting anything. Shoot it like a shotgun. love my 410 too!

View attachment 277512Recently purchased this Rossi & put a Red Dot on it. Only have the factory chokes and honestly the extra full is only good for 30 yards. I'll start working on getting the optimum choke/load for this gun this summer. Tomorrow I'm taking it out for my first 410 turkey hunt.
Never had a turkey come in. I've since purchased an Indian Creek Black Diamond. 390 choke tube and will start working to determine the best ammo for it.

Back