Caribou Gear

375 Winchester/ Odd Calibers?

tahoe2

Not the big "H&H" cannon (although nothing wrong with it), I was at the range a few days ago testing some hand-loads, when I noticed a few younger guys ( 20- something year old AR / M4 fans) checking me out.
Nothing spectacular 2"-3" @ 100 with peep sights, but it launches a 200 grn FP @ 2400 fps or a 220grn FP @ 2200 fps and 240 grn Lead Gas Checks @ 1900.
They (younger guys) had never heard of it (375 Winchester), I let each one fire off a couple, they were like kids in a candy store, grinnin from ear to ear!
Recoil is impressive, to say the least, but not punishing by any means. The gun is a 20" barreled carbine by Marlin and fun to shoot.
Have you introduced the younger set to a good old shootin round ?? :cool:
[35366[

[35367[

Attachments

• march inventory 075.jpg
    march inventory 075.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 250
  • ammo 002.jpg
    ammo 002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 246
That is a great little story, and these are some great pictures. Nice weapon tahoe!
Nothing funky in my gun safe unfortunately, except a Krieghoff o/u and Ljutic mono from 'Gramps'.

My Dad had a .358 Browning Lever gun with gold plating and got rid of it before I even knew he was thinking about it. I'm still crying to this day! That sucker was gorgeous and would put one big hole in a deer.

LMAO. I have an "Old Timer" Rem 600, in a .308 that sounds like a 375 Mag going off, and kicks so hard that my three 6' +, 200# + brothers won't even touch it ! Yeah, she has some bite, but Hell, my Dad bought it to me for my 16th birthday ( then never gave it to me until I was deployed to Desert Storm, 14 yrs later), so I figured I might as well test the old girl out.

Never shoot worth a crap with those cheap A$$ iron sights. 3" groups were a blessing.

A summer hobby later, with little homemade receiver glass job, free float the stock,strip it from the factory glaze, and restain it w/ an oil finish, recoil pad, & and topped it off with a medium quality 4X scope......

And Dut, Dut, Dutta, Da !! Still kicks like a Bank Mule, but 20 whitetail's have have slept, many nights in my freezer, from only 23 shots.

Pull out a Sringfield '03 and let the kids touch off a round or two, on that one, or a Browning featherweight 12 Ga.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back