Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

37 WY

WildWill

I was lucky enough to draw a type 6 deer tag for 37 this year. For anyone familiar with the unit I have a few question. How's the deer population doing in the area? Are there any cool places to visit or good places to eat around Thermopolis? And most importantly how is the fishing on the bighorn in the area?

Last edited:
We stopped briefly in Thermopolis a couple weeks ago on vacation. It was pretty country. Seemed to be a neat little town. Pretty sure there are some hot springs to visit. Also there is an active dinosaur dig (which my 10 year old daughter loved) if you'd ne interested.

We stopped briefly in Thermopolis a couple weeks ago on vacation. It was pretty country. Seemed to be a neat little town. Pretty sure there are some hot springs to visit. Also there is an active dinosaur dig (which my 10 year old daughter loved) if you'd ne interested.
If my kids found out I went to a dinosaur dig without them they may not let me come home.

Its doing good this year, as other has said, hot springs state park, dino museum. If you like beer, one eyed buffalo has some good brews and good burgers. If you like whiskey, WY whiskey is just a few mins north. Wind river canon is pretty cool to drive through. Depending on your way in/out, devils half acre is pretty cool, its a few miles east of casper.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back