358 and 348

Panda Bear

I prefer lever action rifles and have used the 348 Winchester and Browning for several years. Has anyone owned and used the Sako 358 and/or the Pedersoli 348 and if so your opinion of them ?

David, thank you. I got your message and thank you for it. I know you would help if you could.

No experience with either, but it got me to looking and noticed browning makes the blr in .358. it's not the gun the '71 was but ballistically it's a step up. I'll be following this thread as both of these rounds interest me.

you dont give it up easy do you girl (-:

My opinion and a nickel will buy you absolutely nothing but for what it is worth

Most Finnwolf owners will have the 308 and most, probably all, will tell you they love the Wolf. Sako is a good company IMHO. We have enjoyed their products. However, few will have the 358 , but it is an excellent, out to 200 yard, round and would work very well for you as a replacement for the 348, or in addition to it. Many believe the 88 was one of Winchesters best creations, although I am not one of them, you will not be disappointed in the 358 or the Sako. The "lines" of the rifle, like the "build" of a woman, each man will have different preferences and some love the look of the 88, others dont.

You should also be o.k. with Pedersoli. I have been to their plant and they are good people and make a good product---now---IMHO this was not always true as they now make all or most of the components in their rifles. In the past they bought and assembled. I think you will like the Pedersoli 71 better than the Browning 71.

Cost. I have not kept up on the on the prices, but as expensive as the Sako and Pedersoli are, the Winchesters, 71 and 88 are probably also continuing to go up in price. Maybe even the Browning 71 since they are no longer making that model.

Collectors value. Obviously this is not the purpose of your purchase, but the worth of the Winchesters will continue to go up, if you dont beat them up to badly while you have them.

thanks April, glad you saw this

vaspeedgoat, I will wait with you and hope others comment, thanks

Cheyenne, I can only tell you that my grandfather loves his 358, but it is an 88 Winchester. Wish I could be more help

Back