Caribou Gear

312 muley buck tag

I happen to be the friend that Cabin Fever is referring to. First decently hard tag I have ever drawn and I'm stoked to burn some boot leather on it. Going in I don't want to set more of an expectation than just to enjoy the hunt. Looks like I might have at least some private access through a friend, so that should be good. Maybe we will see you up there tazman, and either way best of luck to you.

good luck to you too, zfountaine55....I thought he was being sarcastic. It is the only hard tag I have ever drawn as well, so I am excited for the season no matter what....it is giving me the motivation to hike some of those spots I have only ever glassed. And Nice BUCK Track1!

Any news from you 312-50 tag holders? I've been applying for this tag and hope to draw in a few years... would love to hear how your seasons have gone so far!

Any news from you 312-50 tag holders? I've been applying for this tag and hope to draw in a few years... would love to hear how your seasons have gone so far!

This is by far the hardest to draw SHI%$#$( Y deer unit in the state. FWP needs to cut the tags in half, double lion quota.........and then maybe double the lion quota again.

When you cut 4 lion tracks in a single day in a 6 mile loop, there are 3.5 too many:)

I know a few of the deer tag holders this year and I was in there 46 days glassing a lot of good deer country. I think the best buck I saw was this summer and may have touched 165 if he was real lucky.

Crappy unit, quality way down. But if everyone keeps applying here, I guess thats a few that won't be appylying where I do:)LOL O wait, I didn't apply for deer this year...

2013 Bridger Buck

Here is my buck, not as big as track1's but definitely one of the biggest I have seen. I had a similar experience has everyone else, lots of deer just not many real big ones. I had a ton of fun and am super happy with the results.

Attachments

• P1040602 resize.jpg
    P1040602 resize.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,045
  • P1040635 resize.jpg
    P1040635 resize.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • P1040637 resize.jpg
    P1040637 resize.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
That's a great deer for the unit. Unfortunately I moved here when it was in it's prime and remember what it once was. You said you saw lots of deer? Really?:confused:

Congrats again!

Yeah its weird, after numerous scouting trips, all of archery season and all of rifle, I think I only had one trip where I couldn't glass up a buck. The day I shot this deer, I saw 7 different bucks, a spike, a fork horn (who where having a heck of a scrap), two small three points, one big three point (who was ruling the roost all morning), a small four point, and then this guy stepped out. That was kind of the theme all year, a lot of small four points and big three points.

Congrats, looks like you did the tag justice. I'd shoot that deer on any MT muley buck permit.

The last few days that I've glassed up there I've turned up more deer than I've seen before in that unit as well.

Good job Fredbear! You had a good year what with the Bull elk also! You earned it, I'll tell that fo sure ,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back