MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

30 inches?

Looking closer, if the inside spread of the main beams is the measurement you’re looking for, it is extremely difficult to tell with certainty where those actually are in the first photo because it’s blurry, and that’s the best angle for estimating. If it’s where they seem to be, then yes right around 30”. From other pics it looks like there is a chance that his main beams are a fair bit narrower than his G4’s. I don’t think they are, but if they are, he’s still wide. His greatest inside spread is definitely quite a bit past 30”. He’s one heck of a buck.

The more I look at it, the more I think that the inside spread of the main beams, which is what B&C measures, is closer to 26”-28” wide. I’ve killed a 27.5”, 29 7/8”, and my wife has a killed a 26.5”...none of them would score anywhere close to what that buck would score. Inside spread is good, but it ain’t everything. That buck has everything!

And again, it’s hard to say where exactly the inside spread of his main beams actually is in that first pic. If it’s up high enough, he might still make 30”.

Last edited:
View attachment 127585

Super rough estimating method. Measured the lines on my screen in mm. If we guess ear spread is about 22"

22/43 = x/65

x = 33.2" outside. Might be a hair inflated if his head is turned slightly to one side in this photo.

Your top line is not drawn at the inside spread of the main beams, which is where a B&C measurement would be taken.

Your top line is not drawn at the inside spread of the main beams, which is where a B&C measurement would be taken.

It wasn’t intended to be drawn there. There is zero chance that buck is 30” inside his beams.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back