I have thought about it but when I hear that the wood will have to be cut to make room for a new trigger it makes me cringe. I would have to find a good smith I trusted. The last experience I had with a gun smith was bad.
I completely get that! Sometimes hard to find a really good one.

Bob Peterson - Peterson Precision Rifles - Missoula Montana. - 406-360-4765

HE does great work. You go into his shop and it is immaculate, everything in its' place, and you could eat off the floor. Just the perfect anal person you want doing work on your rifle for you.

You would have to shoot the old 1903 30.06 to see. It would have a little weight as you squeezed about 3lbs then it would let off, then it would go all the way up to 5lb pull then completely soft. It is almost like it gets stuck.

Actually I do have an old 1903 Springfield! It is a custom with the military trigger worked over, absolutely no reason the jerk it. Best trigger I've ever had, love it!

1903 Springfield!
JEfgdVGl.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I do have an old 1903 Springfield! It is a custom with the military trigger worked over, absolutely no reason the jerk it. Best trigger I've ever had, love it!

1903 Springfield!
JEfgdVGl.jpg
Did you add that rifle into the “Pretty & Classy rifles. Let’s see them” thread? Fits the bill in my book!

Did you add that rifle into the “Pretty & Classy rifles. Let’s see them” thread? Fits the bill in my book!

Yeah that one's real pretty, mine needs to be re-stained and re-blued, it's plain jane but she gets the job done, got it all dialed in at 250 shooting nice.

Been trying to get my dad's 30.06 sportarized 1903 Springfield up to par, but I give up. Just can't seem to do much about the trigger pull weight. 4.7 lbs and a little soft and stiff on the way to get there. Was going to replace the trigger but have decided not to do that. Since I reload 30.06 and I have enough ammo to last me for some time. I decided to order a Winchester M70 in 30.06. It won't get here soon enough.

View attachment 149403
Very nice! Long live the 30.06!

1903 Springfield!
JEfgdVGl.jpg
That motivates me to go shoot my 1903. The stocks on those rifles are gorgeous. Rifle stocks are becoming so undistinguished.

The model 70 trigger is one of the easiest out there to polish and make super smooth ,DIY.
I have never wanted to replace any of my Winchester m70s triggers.
But a little work sure makes them squeeze nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back