belshawelk

Anyone who ever cares what I write, which should be nobody, knows I have an affinity for new fancy cartridges that go really fast and have a bunch of energy. I went to an estate sale and ended up with a bunch of 30.06 ammo. Plus I already had some and I don’t even have a gun to shoot them. Well I have have a Remington 710 but that’s the same as not having anything. So I figured why not. I should get a 06 as a great all around back up gun to take on road trips. Better than taking 2 high end guns with me that you can’t find ammo anywhere in an emergency.

So if any of you have one you plan to get rid of let me know. Not looking for super high end but not cheap either. Prefer stainless and non wood stocked but open for almost anything, with or without optics. I have lots of stuff could trade or cash out.

A few in GB but everyone so proud of them.

True words there! I’m surprised when I come across someone still using these trainwrecks.

Hope you find a good .30-06 to add to the stable.
not using it. it sits at my cabin, thinking someone will steal it thinking they hit the jackpot. I bought mine brand new for super cheap when I bought my remington 700 in 300WM, 20 years ago. Was my truck gun. They shoot better than most think but oh the action. They did start the whole ugly cheap gun thing that everyone followed.

True words there! I’m surprised when I come across someone still using these trainwrecks.

Hope you find a good .30-06 to add to the stable.
I actually saw one for the first time at the range last week. Some guy sighting in his deer rifle for MO opening day without a rest 🤦‍♂️

110 axis 25-06 is available for $485.
.30-06 barrel is available for $259.

Seems like a reasonable truck gun to me.

Thanks! There in one on GB I have been eyeing also. Just seeing how high it goes.
There is a decent Winchester model 70 with a Leupold VX1 on LRH too for 700.

Last edited:
T/C Venture II

MOA guarantee
5R rifling
Factory cerakote
Pillar bedded
Cheap enough to not care about

I've got one in .270, I use it specifically to hunt in the rain and snow. My wife took a tumble with it a few years ago into some rocks on a bear drive.... couldn't have cared less, it was a great feeling. At +/- $500 new it really punches above its weight and doesn't get nearly the press that it should

T/C Venture II

MOA guarantee
5R rifling
Factory cerakote
Pillar bedded
Cheap enough to not care about

I've got one in .270, I use it specifically to hunt in the rain and snow. My wife took a tumble with it a few years ago into some rocks on a bear drive.... couldn't have cared less, it was a great feeling. At +/- $500 new it really punches above its weight and doesn't get nearly the press that it should
Looks good. tikka ish looking. I will see what is out there.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back