Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

30-06 ammo shortage?

Trigger50

Nice to see some ammo reappearing on store shelves...except 30-06 ammo? Tons of 308 and 6.5 Creedmor... Are people just hording the 30-06 or why the lack of ? Any thoughts?

I used to work in this industry, now that the .223 and 9mm craze has slowed down I’m sure the big players will start cycling through a lot of the stuff that has been out of stock for a long time. Once the stuff is back in stock I’d recommend getting A LOT of what you need as we’re approaching an election cycle and it will re-start the craze..

Ammo seek dot com. What are you looking for specifically? As Hank said, Nosler is long gone, but plenty of other stuff out there.

I have not found anything but 150gr or 220gr on shelves, and while in Oregon in October I found precisely zero '06 on any shelf. Would just get a slow head shake, smile, and apology. Yes, I have reloading gear, bullets, primers, and powder, but it is pure drudgery to me and I would rather buy factory. IF I could find it.
David
NM

Why should I resight my rifle in to shoot a box of ammo, that I have in storage, saved for 2 legged varmits.
I have not hunted game with any of the brands or loads mentioned in many years.

Show me a box of Nosler AB 165's on a shelf, in NM.

If you go to sportsman's warehouse or Cabela's/BP, they have dozens and dozens of 6.5CM and 308.

The smaller stores seem to have boxes, one place had 150, 165, and 200s. Just depends on where you go.

Totally agree. And my son killed doe this morning with 30-06 with 180HH. Devastating terminal performance is understatement. Need ammo, reload another 20.

Like them both a lot. The 180 hits 2875 out of old 700ADL with 22" barrel with W760. My son love heavier bullets and this old rifle will stack the 180's on top of each other at 100 and easy 1/2MOA out to 300.

I am working on new 166 load using Ramshot Hunter. I think it is going to surprise.

I have not found anything but 150gr or 220gr on shelves, and while in Oregon in October I found precisely zero '06 on any shelf. Would just get a slow head shake, smile, and apology. Yes, I have reloading gear, bullets, primers, and powder, but it is pure drudgery to me and I would rather buy factory. IF I could find it.
David
NM
Why would you rather use factory than reloads?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back