MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

3 ring circus cow hunt

bow hunter

so, my wife is a beginning archer and pulled a cow tag here in nevada. we took off for cave lake and did our scouting. we found a honey hole for cows and were in a blind by 4:30 pm. at 6 2 bulls and a cow came to water. the cow was 12 yards and i told her to pick a spot, take her time, and squeeze it off. it was like fred bear shooting a recurve. by the time the release hit her anchor point, the arrow was in flight, landing nowhere near the cow. 30 minutes later she missed another at 20 yards. the comical part of all of this is that we could hear someone driving nails with a hammer on the other side of the canyon. my wife looked at me and said that she thinks the bull was banging his horns on a aspen to aware the other elk theres danger at the waterhole. ha! i told her, the way shes shooting there wasnt any danger att his waterhole. she was able to laugh it off and enjoyed the sunset on eastern nevada. the point of my story was as a beginning archer she learned that sometimes having a successful hunt has nothing to do with filling your tag. its about being outdoors, being that close to such an amazing animal, and spending time with those you love that make hunting so exciting. im proud to have a wife that has ventured out of her comfort zone and into my world and is now forever a hunter! i couldnt be more proud

Great story! Always enjoyable to have family involved. My wife does not hunt - though she will go on the trip and enjoy her time. best of success towards her future hunts!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back