3 points muzzelloader Colorado

streamer

I have 3 points for colorado, next year I will be putting in for 4th time any suggestions with my number of points? I would really like to draw so I can start to get serious about New Mexico or Wyoming on a bow hunt soon.:)

it all depends on what unit you're putting in for and for what sex and what animal. Why not give Colorado a shot with the bow? Elk and Antelope have OTC tags available for most units. You can keep banking points and still hunt with OTC tags with your bow.

Last edited:
Colorado Elk

have done all the stactistics not a lot of good units to hunt yet with 3 points I am going with my 72 year old dad that really wants to kill a bull I figure better time of the year for whether and better chance with muzzelloader. We have tried rifle and drew 1st season tag 4 years ago and it was a ZOO never again! Shot a bull but I have bucks on the wall that are bigger. Looking for a qaulity hunt with less pressure. Thanks

There is a lot of great hunting in Colorado. The biggest problem is you have to WAY off the beaten path or a hard to draw unit. You can have a good hunt with 3 or 4 points during muzzleloader, but you will find its hard to out work the bow hunters. By most part they are in for a hard hunt and are willing to do the work.
Believe you are 4 years away from a good muzz tag & if your dad is already 72 will he be in the shape to climb mountains.
I would find a unit and take him the in the next 2 years.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back