MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

3 more months

Float hunts are great fun and a fantastic adventure, and you get to FISH, too...

One downside is that it can be a pain in the ass to take proper care of your meat... It's not a good idea to leave it in the raft at night for fear Ol' LEROY might come along and think that your RAFT is a giant moose SANDWICH, leaving you LITERALLY up shit creek without anything to paddle..

You'll have a ball though...We'll be eager to hear the war stories and see the pictures...

Blew my Alaska budget this spring grizz hunting, and sending the rest to Ball State University in a couple months. My daughter has some crazy notion that a college education is more important than the old man going hunting ..... What's up with that ?

Doing a low budget do it yourself deer hunt in Wyoming this fall, then just hunting around home. Boo Hoo, wish I was going back to AK this fall.

My next trip up there is going to be a caribou / black bear combo, or a first rate fishing trip. I won't put it off too long.

Pygmy,

Its not a true float hunt, because the 4 of us will have 2 18 ft jet sleds.......but there is a good chum salmon run and char.

There are lots of grizz in that area, and some big fish-fed ones at that (for the interior).

Jet sleds...??... MORE BETTER, even.... :D ....

Gives you the option of hunting upstream as well as down...

Sounds like a really cool trip...Not having to make/break camp several times also simplifies the meat care...Get it to camp, hang it in the shade and leave it alone, and it will crust over and keep very well...

Back