Yeti GOBOX Collection

3 generation (sort of) WY antelope hunt 2021

midwesthunter

Headed to WY tomorrow after work with my 15 YO son and his grandpa on his mom's side. My sons mom and me have been separated for about 13 years now but her dad still treats me like family and I treat him the same. I helped get him back into hunting about 8 years ago and have since taken him to MT for antelope and WY for cow elk.

I am a procrastinater so still need to pack lol but just finished all the laundry needed today so that's better then normal.

We have the rifles zeroed and ready to go. I have 127 Barnes loaded for grandpa's 6.5 creedmoor, 130 accubonds loaded for my sons 270 and 125 bulldozers for my 6.5 creedmoor.

I was verifying drop and I managed a 1" group at 300 yards. If I miss its on me now.

20210923_174153.jpg

If your in WY be on the look out for my Duracell hybrid ram. (Black ram with copper cap)

Yes, good luck and most importantly have fun. Looks like you have the shooting covered.

Well here is camp for the week and son tagged out first morning. He was getting aggravated with me passing on smaller ones. Today we have glassed up over 100 with prob 25 being bucks. We lost count so that's our conservative estimate. Now it's grandpa's turn unless he passes on one that I want lol. Weather is hot but perfect 45 deg at night for sleeping.

20210925_155133.jpg20210925_155057.jpg

Attachments

• 20210926_112938.jpg
    20210926_112938.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 24
I tagged out yesterday on this one. Super heavy and good prongs. I had opportunities at some better ones that probably would have made book but was trying to self film and just didn't work out. One was on a small piece of public on the border of the unit. 30 sec longer and probably would have had him. He spotted me ran straight at me then ran past me at 20 yards. Waited on the other side while his 2 does followed. Then he chased them deep into the other unit. It was like he knew he wandered to far.

20210927_134351.jpg

Had a great time as always. Weather could have been cooler but I'll take the sunshine over the rain. The lack of humidity is also a plus compared to what we have in IN. Another hunt I got to share with family and the memories made out weigh the scores of the bucks.

That's awesome!! Congratulations on a great hunt and the wonderful family memories made!

Back