3-antlered town deer

Reminds me of the buck Jason Matzinger killed a few years ago. An amazing deer.

Love town deer and that one is really cool. I haven't ever seen one in person with a split antler like that.

Cool buck for sure 👍

A few decades ago, there was a giant 3-beamed whitetail living along the Yellowstone. I acquired permission and hunted that buck hard. Passed up a 15yd shot the last day of archery season, to much brush and wasn't comfortable. Opening day of the general season, a relative of the landowner put a round in the buck but couldn't find him. I came down to help track and the trail ended at a the river's edge. As a group, we spent the following three days looking and I spent the next four days canoeing the log jams. Never did find that buck and to this day, it still bothers me.

Keep your son away from that thing @TRS_Montana . :)

Awesome buck. I was pissed a decade or so ago, when Helena decided to cull so many of the badass bucks that roamed the south hills, some of which I would wager boogered does that crossed the divide over onto the Clancy side. Glad they ceased and bucks like this are starting to proliferate a bit more.

A few years ago I was chasing an elk with the same thing. Two main beams coming off one pedicle. He had 9 points on that side with 2 main beams. Have pictures of him but could never find him when I had a bow or gun in my hand. Haven't seen him in about 3 or 4 years so I assume he is gone now. He had the same antler configuration 2 years in a row.

Attachments

• 5A7A2734-4D03-49D1-80D6-43C8DEAC7C90.jpeg
    5A7A2734-4D03-49D1-80D6-43C8DEAC7C90.jpeg
    982.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 9038633F-FCBE-4A10-998E-69652ACA6C49.jpeg
    9038633F-FCBE-4A10-998E-69652ACA6C49.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 24
This is a direct result of @Ben Lamb pissing off his back porch daily and it leaching into the water. He’s since moved so nature should be healing but we will see the effects for some time now.
Damnit. I knew there had to be a downside to having my sprinklers on a well. Ben’s effectively been pissing on my kids for the past year and half.

Keep your son away from that thing @TRS_Montana . :)

Awesome buck. I was pissed a decade or so ago, when Helena decided to cull so many of the badass bucks that roamed the south hills, some of which I would wager boogered does that crossed the divide over onto the Clancy side. Glad they ceased and bucks like this are starting to proliferate a bit more.
For sure. I’ve seen a couple stompers around here this year. Hopefully it will provide some hedge against the buck extermination effort that is going on outside city limits.

A few years ago I was chasing an elk with the same thing. Two main beams coming off one pedicle. He had 9 points on that side with 2 main beams. Have pictures of him but could never find him when I had a bow or gun in my hand. Haven't seen him in about 3 or 4 years so I assume he is gone now. He had the same antler configuration 2 years in a row.
Sounds like an awesome bull. Yeah, I was wondering if this is genetics or an injury. I would guess genetic since there doesn’t appear to be any defect on the antler, but I have no idea how that stuff works.

Here's one we shot many years ago. We're thinking somebody had tried to poach him with a head shot a week before we shot him. I'm guessing they knocked him out then he got up and ran on them. Glad we were able to shoot him since his jaw was basically shot off, and he would've died a very slow death without being able to eat. I haven't personally seen once since this one. Talking to a neighbor last year, however, he mentioned that one of the other neighbors shot a big one a few years ago that had split beams on both sides.

Attachments

• 3-beamer 2000.jpg
    3-beamer 2000.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 40
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back