284win Model 99 140 TSX or 139gr GMX?

Nope I have not. According to what Ive been reading, I see there is an issue with the neck not being able to "grip" the bullet well enough and having the bullet slip. Barnes recommends a slight crimp.

Apparition
The only Barnes bullet I have seen Barnes recommend a crimp on is the .308 cal. 130gr. The shank area of this bullet with the relief grooves is very short and a 168 with the 300 H&H.

I load many Barnes bullets and have never had a neck gripping issue, I do the 140 TSX in 7-08 and 7RM without problems. I checked my Barnes manual and find no crimping recommendations for the 284 Win.

Besides Barnes saying you should crimp on the second ring, I dug up this "info"

you sacrifice so much usable powder space and bullet weight going to barnes bullets in standard short-action cartridges. I've loaded barnes bullets in three different lever action rifles. Guess what happens? When you briskly shuck a lever action rifle, there's not enough neck tension due to those grooved bands; the cartridges will grow in length, and change in length to such an extent, that they can jam up a modern lever rifle. Trust me on this. The 284 winchester has a fairly short neck, those "triple shock" rings really decrease neck tension, and in a lever action rifle that briskly cycles cartridges, this is a bad combination. You should be able to run a cartridge with an overall length of 2.800" in a savage 99, but no more than that. Plenty of COAL to work with there.

Run that lee crimping die till it bottoms out. Heck, even check the diameter of the expanding plug of your sizer die. The writings of Elmer Keith taught me to do that. Though revolver recoil causing cartridges to jump crimp is completely different, modern lever actions cycling cartridges with short necks can really move a bullet around too. If you do choose to use barnes bullets, please consider racking a single cartridge into the chamber and track COAL. Shuck it briskly, as if you were imagining how fast you'd run the lever to get on target of a wounded bear charging you, or a wounded moose heading towards a swamp.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/127369-284-Win-Savage-99

Apparition
The only Barnes bullet I have seen Barnes recommend a crimp on is the .308 cal. 130gr. The shank area of this bullet with the relief grooves is very short and a 168 with the 300 H&H.

I load many Barnes bullets and have never had a neck gripping issue, I do the 140 TSX in 7-08 and 7RM without problems. I checked my Barnes manual and find no crimping recommendations for the 284 Win.

Straight from the Barnes reloading data sheet.
If loading to 2.800” COAL, lightly crimp case mouth so it contacts the bullet ogive.

Back