Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

270-50

Big G

I drew the permit this year and may need some help finding a good one. If anyone is willing to give up some info I would love to hear from you. Thanks, Brad

That is a good hunt I'd start at the upper end of sheep cr. Also look in the fall creek area. What part of the season are you going to hunt? Some good ones can be high but don't be afraid to hunt low. Hopefully you get more weather than the last few years.
Oh and don't shoot the first one you see!

Good luck!

That is a good hunt I'd start at the upper end of sheep cr. Also look in the fall creek area. What part of the season are you going to hunt? Some good ones can be high but don't be afraid to hunt low. Hopefully you get more weather than the last few years.
Oh and don't shoot the first one you see!

Good luck!

not sure your in the right hunting district.

I'm not trying to hotspot either of those areas. I'm sorry if I gave out any of your secret spots shoots. Hope we can still be bff's.:D

I'm with shoots. I don't think the areas you described are in Montana district 270. mtmuley

That's an amazing tag, you're going to have a blast. Are you going to be able to scout at all? If so it'll only take a day in the unit to find lots of places that hold bucks. Spend a week in the unit in the rut and you'll find LOTS of bucks.

If you're not able to scout and have limited hunting time you might want to hire Remi Warren. He's got a good grasp of the unit and puts his hunters on great deer.

Don't worry about score and you'll have a great hunt.

Wall street isn't the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who took the subway.

Wall street isn't the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who took the subway.

NHY please convert to Montana speak.

Last edited:
I should be able to scout all summer. Will bow and gun hunt if needed. Thanks

I'm just giving him advice that was worth every penny I was paid.
Really just being a smart month in a random way.
I hope the op sticks around though I hear its a good hunt and hope he has a great time and shares the hunt with jerks like me.

BigG, it is sort of an unwritten rule to join a forum and ask for info on finding a good animal right off the bat. With 270 being a tough draw, that probably doesn't apply. I apologize for my post. The gentleman Randy11 referred you to knows that unit well. Remi is also a nice guy and will peobably help you out. Keep in mind he is an outfitter, and may have a client with the permit. Sounds like you live close to the area. Nothing is better than getting out there and scouting it out. Good luck, hope you tag a good one. mtmuley

So much the adventure will be scouting and planning the hunt. Congrats on the draw Big G.
If I could help you I would, by private message. :)

had the tag in 2008. The bucks are very visable thru the 1st week of sept. Then when they shed velvet they get much harder to find. If your bowhunting, plan for the 1st week. If your gun hunting, Id plan on using the scouting to learn the area and rds (most close before rifle season). Little sleeping child is a consistant producer of large bucks. I found a couple of nice deer right on tree line at the head of the East Fork.

Lots of 170 class deer. I saw a few 180 class deer and one giant 190+ that I messed up on.

They seemed to kick into rut a week or so earlier there. they were kicking hard by the middle of the middle of the 2nd week in Nov.

Main Sleeping Child Drainage was good during rifle.

Most other hunters stopped walking the closed rds at around 1 mile. I started finding most of the deer a little past that.

That unit is a glassing dream, lots of visable country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back