Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

27 bucks, 223 charges filed, 2 Sheriff's Deputies, one EMS chief, and friends...

LOL , cops , border patrol, ICE agents, poach all the time , they have
24/7 access to 100% of the primo white tail, mulie, elk Coutry
and who is going to question authritys

I have spent 100's of nights/days hunting and fishing with Officers, Agents, and Game and Fish officers. All 100% stand up by the law guys. Hardest hunters I have ever tried to catch up to above tree line, and the most underpaid for what they are protecting.

I have spent 100's of nights/days hunting and fishing with Officers, Agents, and Game and Fish officers. All 100% stand up by the law guys. Hardest hunters I have ever tried to catch up to above tree line, and the most underpaid for what they are protecting.
I guess you don’t want to know about the “ green monster “ this is just one sector
“”From 2005 to 2012, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents were arrested 2,170 times for misconduct, such as domestic violence and drunk driving, government inspectors found. CBP, which includes Border Patrol and customs agents, was also the target of 1,187 complaints of excessive force from 2007 to 2012. Since 2004, more than 200 agents have been arrested on corruption-related charges, including at least 13 under Trump. And a 2013 government-commissioned report found that Border Patrol agents regularly stepped in the paths of cars to justify firing at drivers, as well as shooting at rock-throwers, including teenagers on the Mexican side, with the intent to kill.””

no one is above the law , including law enforcement agencies

I guess you don’t want to know about the “ green monster “ this is just one sector
“”From 2005 to 2012, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents were arrested 2,170 times for misconduct, such as domestic violence and drunk driving, government inspectors found. CBP, which includes Border Patrol and customs agents, was also the target of 1,187 complaints of excessive force from 2007 to 2012. Since 2004, more than 200 agents have been arrested on corruption-related charges, including at least 13 under Trump. And a 2013 government-commissioned report found that Border Patrol agents regularly stepped in the paths of cars to justify firing at drivers, as well as shooting at rock-throwers, including teenagers on the Mexican side, with the intent to kill.””

no one is above the law , including law enforcement agencies
Use of force complaints are kind of pointless. You work long enough and law-enforcement you’re going to get them unless you are like a dispatcher.
Again I’m not too upset about 200 border agents being charged with corruption. It’s a large organization and when the cartels can throw millions of dollars at you it’s going to happen.

I reported a guy a few years back who was known to have shot 7 bucks that year and he had them all in his garage. Nothing was ever done about it. They were all tagged. So what could be done? Meanwhile his wife and kids dont even hunt.....
That sucks. It seems like a few questions to the kids and wife to see if stories stick would solve that.

On a side note, about 20 years ago I read a book written by a CA f&G officer telling his stories as an officer in the 70's and 80's. He pulled over a trailer at the Truckee inspection station that had three men in it. They were coming back from Wyoming and he discovered the three men had 6 deer and 6 pronghorn (and maybe 6 elk). They used their wives tags and he asked for their wives phone numbers. He asked one of the wives what kind of gun she used and her answer was shotgun. I wish I could remember what that book was called.

That would be illegal.
I don't think it's illegal. They do it all the time
I forget the legal definition is but they can and do confiscate homes,cars,money etc.
Mostly for drug crimes but in Utah I do know DNR can and has confiscated fishing equipment, guns and probably even vehicles.

I don't think it's illegal. They do it all the time
I forget the legal definition is but they can and do confiscate homes,cars,money etc.
Mostly for drug crimes but in Utah I do know DNR can and has confiscated fishing equipment, guns and probably even vehicles.
Yeah if the items were used in the commission of a crime yes they can be confiscated, but if I poach deer in Wyoming you can’t confiscate my side-by-side that I’ve never used there just because I use it in Colorado when elk hunting.

So we aren't the only one?

The amount of poaching that not only goes on here but that is culturally accepted as the norm is maddening.
Absolutely. All the old timers I talk to have a plethora of stories of getting their biggest bulls and shit- off of county roads in the dark.. forget fair chase, forget a tag if nobody’s around… It makes me mad as a MOFO but hey I’m just a “transplant”

Yeah if the items were used in the commission of a crime yes they can be confiscated, but if I poach deer in Wyoming you can’t confiscate my side-by-side that I’ve never used there just because I use it in Colorado when elk hunting.
Good thing about the lawmen is they can do whatever they deem necessary and any laws you feel THEY broke, you have to be able to prove it, sometimes from jail, with a public attorney.. jail is big business, and I’ve been personally told by police here theyre taught to give the harshest charges because typically they’ll be reduced to a lesser charge to coerce the defendant to plea out rather than take it to “the box”.. ex… fel reckless endangerment (bogus charge never won by MT in Supreme Court yet folks charged with this daily) lowered to mis careless driving or something similar, Murder down to manslaughter. Etc… if they SUSPECT it was used in commission of a crime- kiss it goodbye, and pray YOU can PROVE it was in fact used for legal hunting elsewhere… never known anyone accused of having stolen property? That’s a fun court battle to watch, when the property was legally purchased but the cops SUSPECT it’s stolen.. 🤣🤣

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back