260 Remington

I am going to try and get one too. Remington sucks at updating their website and haven't been able to find out much info other than on hunting and shooting forums.

A guy that does the buying for one of our sporting good shops - gun dept - seems to think he has a handle on what's going on.

But I agree - Remington's web site is usually about a year behind.

Originally Posted by jryoung View Post

127LRXs

I'm going to try these ASAP. They look like they have great potential.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I shot my antelope this year at 450 yards and it smoked him one shot straight down. Little meat loss, full pass through of both shoulder blades. Not that an antelope is a large bodied animal. But that was my experience with them.

I also have a 338 lapua loaded with the 280 gr LRX. They shoot great, but I haven't gotten to shoot anything with them except metal.

I will be moving any big game calibers I have over to the LRX line(if there is a bullet for them).

I did see where Grice's gun shop in PA had it listed in their last flyer. They were taking deposits for late spring early summer delivery date.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I shot my antelope this year at 450 yards and it smoked him one shot straight down. Little meat loss, full pass through of both shoulder blades. Not that an antelope is a large bodied animal. But that was my experience with them.

I also have a 338 lapua loaded with the 280 gr LRX. They shoot great, but I haven't gotten to shoot anything with them except metal.

I will be moving any big game calibers I have over to the LRX line(if there is a bullet for them).

I'm using 145lrx's in my 7 rem mag and 129lrx's in my 270wsm. I like em.

Even if you only shoot a couple hundred rounds a year the price of LRX's add up. My last batch of scenars was $32/100, bergers were $40/100.

That's not to say I wouldn't shoot the LRX and hunt it with confidence.

Even if you only shoot a couple hundred rounds a year the price of LRX's add up. My last batch of scenars was $32/100, bergers were $40/100.

That's not to say I wouldn't shoot the LRX and hunt it with confidence.

Scenars and Bergers are great bullets and that some good pricing. The Barnes have been good to me for the last ten years so I have used a lot of their products and newer offerings.I think we are very lucky to have so many quality bullets these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back