Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

26 Days to Retirement and Maybe Running Into This Guy

WyoDoug

Spent a few minutes talking to Gretchen, the wife of the owner (now she is the owner since her husband passed on) of Nimmo Ranch and thanked her for participating in the Access Yes program. She is enthusiastic about supporting hunting especially antelope. I asked if they would ever allow deer as their are a lot of deer on that property and she said no, the family kind of likes having them around. Antelope they don't like because a herd of them can flatten 50 acres of wheat or prairie grass and fast. She gave me a few hints on which part of the ranch they have spotted the best antelope and I got permission to do a tour of the ranch and got her to give me a short note giving me permission. Somehow she remembers me from years back when I hunted there regular and you had to get signed permission ships because I have not hunted Nimmo now for 10 years. I am not saying where this is because if I don't find something bigger this guy might be second or third choice Nimmo has a lot of big bucks this year and only 20 hunters allowed in two 2-week spans for 40 total. Man I can not wait for 26 days to go by fast.

This guy tried to get under the fence as I was headed to look at the area I was thinking of hunting.

nimmoantelope.jpg

Last edited:
Man I hate cell phone pictures. By time you crop the trash or stuff you don't want shown out, the pictures are sometimes small, too small to blow up.

Back