Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

25 caliber

Thanks Gundog, I appreciate the input on the short action, it is kind of along my thought process. I've found a nib vanguard synthetic at a local shop for 349, seems to beat everyone on gunbroker by about 50 bucks, I'll post photos when the deal is put together.

Oops, I don't use 215 gr bullets...lets make that 115. Thanks for not mentioning the oops.

Magazine length is an issue. My first .257 was a 722 which has a short magazine that requires the bullets be seated a little deep for optimum performance. I got rid of that for a 700 Classic, which has a long magazine and allowed me to seat the bullets out where they should be and get a little more powder in the case while keeping the pressure within limits. That's when I started getting a lot of blood-shot meat. But, then, I'm a blacktail hunter and all shots are under 100 yards (sometimes way under). At long range the damage should be a lot less.

I would second or in this case 14th...lol... the .257 weatherby especially since you reload. I wanted one to fill the void of calibers, now I can't stop shooting everything with it. I run 110 accubonds through it and shoot everything from elk to coyotes with it. PB range of 337 takes a lot of guess work out of shooting it..3400pfs. I bought mine in remington 700 LSS with a 26" barrel. Really fun caliber think you'll love it. Does make some big holes though...:D

It's come home....now to give it some glass,(I've got a leupold vxII that will work nice on it, but it's gloss, not matte) and food. Anyone have pet loads for 257 wby they want to share?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back