23 swing for fences tag

It’s actually a pretty sly marketing strategy. Kinda like those [INSERT FAVORITE BAND HERE] final tour tickets.

Get ‘em now, folks. It’s your last chance. (Until the next time)

Looks like my swing for the fences pronghorn app in Wyoming just became a shoot for the moon.

Understandable on WGFD’s part. Wyoming pronghorn can’t catch a break and neither can I. Never thought I would end up with double digit points for anything…

This year I have revised my strategy a bit. Typically, I put in for the highest odds, lowest success rate hunts for sheep and goat. With some other hunts coming up in the next year and a half, I've put in for better, harder to draw tags for sheep and goat, knowing I may not have the time to put towards scouting that the tougher units require.

So if I draw, yay, because they'll be even better tags...but it is less likely I'll draw. Odds went from slim to *almost* none.

Unsuccessful on WY sheep/mt goat/moose, again... really want that goat tag!
Clearly hype wasn't high for these results as your the comment I see regarding the results! I wasn't counting on much since I was applying for the one? remaining random draw moose tag

I’m focusing on my son this year.

Applied for a long shot AZ buck elk tag which I definitely don’t expect my son will draw.

Applied for a limited entry WY elk tag which I do expect he will draw, unless the draw odds go crazy.
My son didn’t end up drawing the AZ as expected.

But changed the WY application and did draw a Gen elk with 4 points, not sure that is a swing for the fences tag but it sure feels good to draw!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back